My husband and I stayed here in November 2012, we had wanted to book this resort for a while and finally did and stayed for 10 nights. The attraction for us was the amazing looking Water Villas and I have to stay they did not fail to disappoint!! They were spacious inside and out, with the outside space being amazing. Rooms were clean and mini bar stocked with wine and beer!
The over water restaurant served great food and with a good selection for lunch and dinner; a choice of around 5 starters, soup, pasta and 5 main courses and 3 desserts. I could not find fault for the food only that the decision on what to have was sometimes hard to choose!
We would drink at the over water bar before dinner and loved the little extras they have here, popcorn, olives and peanuts served with drinks! Yum! This was also the case for the island bar which we enjoyed after dinner.
Entertainment team, we lovely and friendly and certainly seem to work very hard!
My only observation was the way management would swan round the bar of an evening drinking alcohol and chatting seeming completely oblivious to all the other staff and guest around them.
The current around the water villas is very strong and I did at time struggle to swim! You defiantly need to be a strong swimmer!
Overall this was an amazing holiday and will return again, the staff are attentive and friendly and could not do more for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kick off your shoes and unwind at Diamonds Thudufushi, a little piece of paradise on its own private island in the Maldives. Set on a white sand island within the turquoise waters of a shallow lagoon, Diamonds Thudufushi offers luxurious accommodation and outstanding levels of service. Located on the south-western rim of Ari Atoll, just a 35-minute seaplane flight south of Male' International Airport, the resort is secluded and tranquil, providing optimum privacy in unspoilt surroundings. The natural beauty of the island has been retained and enhanced. Beach Bungalows have individual verandas and private beachfronts along the coral-sand shore. Experience the diversity of the Maldives by pairing your visit with a stay at Diamonds Thudufushi, offering intimate village charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Diamonds Thudufushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach And Water Villas
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas Hotel Thudufushi Island
- Thudufushi Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diamonds Thudufushi Thudufushi Island, Maldives