“Truly a family affair”
Review of La Tagliata BnB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montepertuso
La Tagliata BnB
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had the good fortune of staying at La Tagliata Bungalows for 10 nights in October. My husband and I stayed in the Botticella room and my parents stayed in the Limonella room. From the moment we arrived, the whole family was so welcoming and gracious. Giorgia was fantastic with pre-trip emails and questions. She promptly answered all my questions within 24 hours. The whole family truly wants you to have the best experience. Giorgia arranged for her brother (a policeman) to drive us to Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Vesuvius for much much less than I could have arranged from a car service or tour guide. I didn't ask her for this. She offered it on our first day. Just one of the many kindnesses that they showed us during our stay. The two rooms have outdoor kitchens that are well stocked with pots and pans and plates and basic cooking supplies (salt, pepper, olive oil) and there is a refrigerator. We had an enjoyable dinner on our outdoor terrace which culminated with a fireworks show from Positano below. The Botticella room is just below the restaurant, so it was nice to sit outside and hear everyone enjoying themselves and exclaiming over the beautiful view that we got to experience for 10 days. We had dinner in the restaurant for 4 or 5 nights. We never had reservations, but they always made room for us, and allowed us to deviate from the full 4 course meal. You have to experience the full antipasti, pasta, meat and dessert meal at least once, but we couldn't do it every day so would usually get the antipasti, pasta and dessert. The night we cooked for ourselves I went up to the kitchen and Vincenzo put together a plate of sweets for me to take downstairs. He also put together fantastic breakfasts consisting of sweet breads, mozzarella and fresh ricotta cheeses, prosciutto, tomatoes and eggplant and as much tea or espresso or cappuccino as you wanted. There is a little red bus to take you down to Positano or up to Nocelle and the stop is just outside La Tagliata which is convenient. We walked down to Positano a few times as well. We felt very much at home here. After our 10 days in Montepertuso we went to Rome for 5 days and as much as I love Rome, we didn't want to leave La Tagliata. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank gmadvm

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at La Botticella, one of two apartments at the Ristorante La Tagliata located above Positano. In all our travels we have never before experienced such warmth and kindness. Staying at La Tagliata was like visiting close friends. Giorgia, Vincenzo, Momma, Pappa, Pepe, and the entire staff made us feel like part of their family. Everyone was warm and welcoming. Eating at the restaurant was like having a sensational meal prepared by our Italian relatives. The week that we spent at La Tagliata was a truly fantastic, magical experience, and we will treasure the memories of our fabulous visit to La Tagliata and of our wonderful Italian family.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard R
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 9 nights at La Tagliata-la botticella. From the minute we arrived we were treated like family. Giorgia, Pepe, Vincenzo, mama, pappa & the entire staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. The location is wonderful - we did not have a car - it isn't necessary as the bus stops right outside the gate. We used it often to take side trips to Amalfi, Ravello and of course Positano. Giorgia is . very attentive, arranging for a driver to meet us at the Naples airport and also to take us to Pompei. We spent our last 2 nights on the Amalfi Coast in Sorrento which was wonderful...however our hearts remain at La Tagliata and the wonderful family who own it. In reading the other reviews, we can only agree, If you want to experience the warmth and hospitality of the Italian people, wonderful food and awesome views, La Taliata is it!

Room Tip: Both apartments are beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MA1
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am a skeptical user of TA. Very often I have found restaurants with very good reviews --- as in voted number x out of 100 --- and found my own experience completely at odds with the users of TA. I am not sure are my tastes correlated very well with the typical users of TA.

HOWEVER, the welcome and hospitality shown by this family was simply outstanding. Their generosity, humour, helpfulness and above all else passion made this stay one that I will remember for a very, very long time.

We were treated like long last family and while I have neither time nor inclination to detail the daily good experiences we had, take heart that this is my second review and I still intend on sending these fantastic hosts some gifts from Ireland.

If you can stay --- do.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I visited the Amalfi Coast in May 2013 and I was lucky enough to find 'La Limonella' in my search for accommodation at short notice. As I wanted to experience the life and culture and not just the impersonal convenience of a hotel, it was perfect.

As I travelled alone, it was wonderful to be staying somewhere that welcomed me as a family member. Although I don't speak Italian, I had no problem communicating and Gorgio's English was great. When ever I wanted anything I only had to ask and it was provided immediately. This included a lift into Positano if I missed the bus, which happens to be near enough to their doorstep. I found the busses easy to navigate my way around from Naples to the Amalfi coast and is a great mode of transport to get around.

A lovely clean, comfortable room with a gorgeous stone bathroom and I've got to mention the great shower as it is one of those little things that matter to me ... lol
A small private terrace with great views and the opportunity to cook outdoors using the fresh vegies from the garden if you choose to, but why cook when the restaurant is only steps away.

'La Tagliata' is the # 1 restaurant in Positano to experience fresh, tasty, authentic Italian food made from the heart, it is very busy at both lunch & dinner time. But the family will always find you a table. No menu is available, but I found that one wasn't needed. Everything I had was absolutely delicious. The fantastic food, amazing view, the happy, lively atmosphere and I must mention the great friendly service. Considering the restaurant has 2 levels and is mostly full, I was impressed at the level of service provided by the staff.

I was on the Amalfi coast for 3 weeks and had I known how wonderful 'La Limonella' was, I no doubt would have stayed longer. I did go back and visit Giorgia and the restaurant even when I was staying elsewhere, it was like visiting family that lived locally.

For the remainder of my stay I was in the top half of Positano which limited the views available. So I was ever so glad that I had stayed at 'La Limonella' which gave me access to extensive views of Positano from both my terrace and the restaurant, whilst still being convenient to transport to get around.

Grazie ! Grazie ! ... to Giorgia and the whole family. I'll be back ... ;)))

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong here, whichever room you choose... ;)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KrissP29
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want a great place to stay, that offers easy access to the Amalfi coast, with views to die for, this is the place. The family that runs it is great. You get a real feel for the welcoming italian culture. The only thing to watch is your budget for dinners. You can rack up a large bill without realizing it. Dinners are optional. The restaurant does not offer menus but they keep bringing more food. They serve very good authentic Italian food though. Free wifi and full selection of prime TV. While there, walk on the road to the next village, Nocella. It is breathtaking.

I chose to drive there and you can park easily on the street. I wouldn't do that again. The roads there are crazy and I drive in NYC without a problem. Never again would I drive there. It wasn't worth it. It would have been cheaper to hire a driver to pick me up from the airport.

Room Tip: We had the larger room. I heard the smaller room had slightly obstructed views but was still great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cynthia1300
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I just returned from a week-long vacation in Positano, Italy. Choosing to stay away from the "hustle and bustle" of Positano centro, we chose to stay atop the hill in Montepertuso (a short ride on the local bus... or a not-so-short walk). We made the right choice. Quiet, charming, with beautiful views, among the "people" of Positano and Montepertuso.

I was fortunate to have found La Tagliata by way of vrbo.com. Giorgia, the woman who runs the rental portion of the business at La Tagliata, is incredible in every way. From the constant, clear contact during the planning stages of our trip (weeks leading up to departure), to her attentiveness during our stay, our experience was incredible. Conversing through email, Skype and instant message, we confirmed our stay at la Limonella about 4 weeks prior to our trip. Note that this establishment works on a cash only basis (both room and the restaurant). Do not let this be a deterrent for you. You can trust Giorgia and her family entirely. They are completely trustworthy and are looking out for you at all times, and want for you to have the most enjoyable experience while in their care. And they succeed. No... they exceed. :)

In addition to booking our room with Giorgia, she also arranged for a private driver from/to Naples airport, a private driver for us and another family for a day trip to Pompeii, and she also had many other suggestions which made our trip to the Amalfi coast an incredible one. A note of the private drivers. First, they can be trusted, as they are booked directly through Giorgia. Second, they are safe and respectful. Third, they are very reasonably priced. I did some checking around online for driver options prior to our trip (there was no way I was driving on the very challenging roads in Positano or the region), and the cost of these drivers was perfectly aligned with what I found elsewhere.

La Limonella... A small, quaint room (one queen-sized bed and an adjoining bathroom), it was clean and perfect. Open the two, large wooden doors and allow the glass partition doors to provide for you an incredible view of the terrace and the sea. Although it rained considerably during our week in Positano, you do have the option of cooking on the terrace using the providing grill AND the vegetables from the garden on site. The terrace is covered, so you can easily stay dry even if raining. We chose to thoroughly enjoy restaurant hopping during our trip and did not cook. See my review of the restaurant La Tagliata for how inviting and delicious the adjoining family-owned/run trattoria.

In addition to the quaint room itself, towels and a hair dryer are provided. There is a very small refrigerator in the room and a small closet. A television hangs in the corner and wi-fi is available right in the room, which was very useful. During the 7 nights we were at La Limonella, our towels and sheets were changed twice, and the room cleaned at the same time. This was a wonderful little treat.

In addition, our first (huge) meal at La Tagliata was included in our price as was a terrific daily (yes, every day) breakfast of homemade sweets, cheese, meats and cappuccino The food and atmosphere was only surpassed by the service and the lovely welcoming members of the La Tagliata family (Papa, Mama, Pepe, Giorgia, Vincenzo, Antonetta and the rest of the staff).

If you are looking to experience this region at it's finest of food and hospitality, this is the place.

Grazie, Giorgia and the entire La Tagliata family!

Room Tip: La Limonella is the smaller of two rooms available at La Tagliata. For two people who planned not t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RochesterIBC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montepertuso
Il Pertuso B&B
#1 of 2 in Montepertuso
La Rosa Dei Venti
La Rosa Dei Venti
#6 of 30 in Positano

Been to La Tagliata BnB? Share your experiences!