All reviewshighly recommend lethe busamalfi coastanna mariaexcellent accommodationpath of the godsself cateringbreathtaking viewswarm hospitalitynaples airportwonderful hostsprivate balconystepsantonioherculaneumrome
Reviewed April 23, 2014

It is always hard to believe when you see such high ratings on Trip Advisor. You wonder: will I have a perfect experience? Well, if you come here you will. If you read the reviews you will already know some basic information about Le Ghiande -- no, it is not in Positano it is in Montepertuso which is up on the hill looking down on Positano. This is a HUGE benefit I think. Positano is busy and sort of noisy, and expensive. Montepertuso has much better views, and it is very peaceful. There are at least four excellent restaurants within easy walking distance of the B&B. Yes the walk (or bus ride) to and from Positano is "inconvenient", but it is part of the charm. So you also know there are 100 steps from the road up to the B&B. Don't bother trying to carry your baggage up, the human machine Dimitri will happily carry up two 20kg suitcases all the way without even breathing hard. Enjoy wine? Salvatore and Carlo make their own from the land and are both happy and proud to share it with you. Enjoy a clean place to stay? Le Ghiande is incredibly clean, better than any hotel. Enjoy good breakfasts? Here you will get plenty to eat including delicious home-made pastries, as well as locally grown fruit. Enjoy good views? You will not find any better views anywhere! Enjoy friendly hosts who will treat you like family? Salvatore, Carlo and Dimitri are the warmest and kindest people you would wish to meet. They have tons of helpful information about buses, sights to see, boat excursions, you name it. You get a little fridge in your room as well as free Wifi (good speed usually), a TV (seriously? who watches TV when on holidays on the Amalfi coast!!). I didn't pay attention to this in the reviews but each room also gets a PRIVATE outdoor sitting area with a beautiful view. There are also many common areas you can meet with other guests and share some wine. Le Ghiande is a beautiful old building with so much charm it will make you sick to leave. And I cannot believe how affordable it is. OK, that is probably enough! I almost don't want to post this review since we hope to come back one day and if it is fully booked I might regret telling the world about it. Thank you Salvatore, Carlo, and Dimitri for a wonderful holiday and we hope to see you again in the future!

Room Tip: We only know about one room and it was great! I bet they all are.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dee_west
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Family atmosphere, breath-taking views, excellent service, and the best homemade pastries I have ever had in my entire life (fantasizing about them right now). We spent about 2 weeks traveling around Italy and this was BY FAR my favorite place.

The B&B is located above Positano in the little hill town of Montepertuso. It was a nice escape from the more tourist-oriented town below. The buses into town are a bit infrequent, but the 1,000 stairs down are doable and beautiful (and lead almost directly to a SITA bus stop).

I wish I could live here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ElainaSp
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had an amazing experience at Le Ghiande! we spent 3 nights here and everything was absolutely amazing. The owners, Salvatore and his father, were both very welcoming and treated us like family. The place has stunning views of Positano and Montepertuso (even from the bathrooms) with an incredible terrace. The walk down to positano is long (1000 steps down) but definitely a must do because of the scenic route. The breakfast was always really fresh with a variety of different fruits, broiches, croissants, specialty cappuccino, and fresh juice. Yes! There are a lot of stairs to get to your room but honestly who cares, its always good to get some exercise, and Salvatore and his staff are always offering to help you with your bags. There are also some of the most amazing restaurants in Positano very close to this BnB (walking distance), including La Tagliata and Il Ritrovo. You are also near some unreal hiking paths (path of the gods) which are a must to do, although challenging.
We Highly recommend Le Ghiande to anybody! Book this place now!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had a great time here in May 2013. The owner was a great and always willing to help us out with recommendations. Breakfast is copious and delicious with a choice of cereal, coffee/tea, cheese, fruit, a bread basket etc. Great view from our room, and even had a lovely little balcony with chairs.

I clicked "excellent" for fitness centre as there are about 100 steps up to the B&B!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MandiA18
Reviewed November 19, 2013

As other reviewers have said, the view is breathtaking. The property is well cared for. There is a beautiful terrace where you are welcomed with drinks when you arrive. Salvatore always addressed us by name. I always find that level of service impressive and personalized. It's just that something extra special that goes so far. He was an impeccable host. Always smiling. We really felt welcomed. The breakfast was delicious. The view from the room was insane! The stairs suck. No way around it. There's 112 to be exact. It's a tough hall, but worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple