All reviewshighly recommend lethe busamalfi coastanna mariaexcellent accommodationpath of the godsself cateringbreathtaking viewswarm hospitalitynaples airportwonderful hostsprivate balconystepsantonioherculaneumrome
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Salvatore is one of the most amazing person I have ever met :) He truly deserves the special mention in all the reviews listed here.. We were greeted by his special tiramisu and drinks on arrival.. What amazing hospitality!! The b&b's location is a perfect setting for a romantic getaway. It's a good workout to reach it though.. Well all good things come at a cost!! Salvatore even dropped us to the bus stop in his car as it was early morning with packed breakfast.. I have never seen anybody do that for his guests :) We were really touched by your gesture Salvatore !!! Would recommend this place to everybody and can vouch for an unforgettable holiday :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The owner is probably the nicest guy we met on our trip to Italy. We stayed here for 2 nights during our honeymoon and Le Ghiande went well beyond our expecations. The room was very spacious and clean and the grounds were lovely. The view was also amazing. We can't say enough good things about this B&B. It's location is a ways from Positano but its right between two of the best restaurants we expereinced on our entire trip. Il Ritrovo is located short walk down from Le Ghiande and La Tagliata (#1 on tripadvosor) is a short walk up. Both of these helped make this one of our favourite stops. The staff went above and beyond during our entire stay. As others have mentioned, you can't go wrong with Le Ghiande. If you're like to be active there is also a path into down (approx. 25 minutes down and 35 minutes up). The value is exceptional.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Me, my husband and my two years old daughter stayed at Le Ghiande the last week of July for a weekend . Was an old idea of mine to explore the Amalfi coast, Positano in particular.
Since then we haven't words to describe how amazing was the travel and staying at 'Le Ghiande'...This B&B really deserves to achieve a top rated position not only for the facilities offered (Perfectly clean, stunning view, delicious and complete breakfast with local delicatessen and others, wi fi internet, confortable bed,). How could I forget to mention the kindness of Salvatore, Dmitri and Carlo always ready to help in every moment and situation.
How can I forget Night of Pizza along with all those amazing people.(I need to say that Salvatore and his aunt are able to prepare one of the best pizza i've ever eaten. i really praised their hobby of chef).
Climbing steps to achieve the entrance definitively irrelevant (We travelled with a 2 years child).
We'll surely be back.
With' B&B Le Ghiande' it's impossible to wrong, they work by love and enthusiasm.
Saluti a Salvatore, Dmitri e tutta la Famiglia.

Renata, Domenico e Vale

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Renata M
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We enjoyed so much our stay in this BB it is a heavenly place, full of flowers, fruit trees, breathtaking view from your own room! You can watch the stars in the night in the dark from your room balcony and its just amazing. This is much better than staying in Positano that is so busy with tourists running around. There are near by restaurants, that are a culinary experience Mamma mia! The breakfast is amazing! Warm bread, home made cake, the best cappuccino ever, cheeses, ham, juices, yogurt, fruits, we ended up full until late in the afternoon. Salvatore and his Dad were super nice, they do everything to make you comfortable, I even got a limoncello for my birthday that I spend there, just to say how warm they are. Yes there are lots of stairs which might be a problem for elder people, or someone with knee injuries. We went all the way down to Positano beach through the 1000 stairs as the locals say, and it was fun because the view is dramatic! Wow! Do stay in this place, I also read the tripadvisor reviewa before going there and it is true! Hope to go there again at some point in the coming years.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lauradlc
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Myself & my girlfriend spent 7 nights in this B&B (Jun 22nd-29th 2013). It was without doubt the best B&B experience we have ever had from the moment we arrived to the moment we left.
On arrival we were greeted at the gate by Dmitri who took our bags & sat us at a table on the terrace overlooking the beautiful town of Positano & the Mediterranean Sea. He then served us up home made pastries with a choice of cool drinks (which was very welcome having travelled for 15 hours all in all). It was at this point that our host Salvatore made himself known to us.
This man is one in a million. He goes above and beyond to be helpful & accommodating, recommending places of interest, restaurants, beaches, excursions & providing documentation, timetables & whatever else you may need. He treats you like family making sure your that stay is an enjoyable one.
Every morning we were spoilt with pastries, breads, meat & cheese selections, yoghurts, fruits, coffees, cappuccinos, espressos, etc. You name it, they will accommodate.
The room itself was superb with a comfy double bed, an excellent air conditioning system should you need it, a table with kettle, teas & coffees, a mini-fridge stocked with beer, juices, water, etc. The bathroom facilities were immaculate with a power shower, fluffy towels & face clothes, shampoos & shower gels. The room was cleaned every day & towels replaced. Overall an excellent standard, better than many hotels I have stayed in over my years of travelling.
The room also had a terrace with a patio table & chairs & 2 deckchairs so that you can relax on an evening taking in the beautiful view below.
Salvatore greeted us returning from various daytrips to ensure that everything was to our liking, which it always was. One evening in particular he presented us with a homemade bottle of Limoncello which was gratefully received & enjoyed by myself as a night cap over a few nights. It is little touches like this that make this place the gem that it is.
On top of this, when it came to the morning of us leaving, he would not allow us to pay €25 for a taxi to bring us to our bus pick-up point. He insisted on driving us there. Not only that, he had a packed breakfast ready & bagged for us for our journey. Now that is what I mean by above & beyond. One of lifes true gentlemen.
I could go on & on but you should have a fair idea of the standard this establishment sets itself.
We were treated with utter kindness & received the best that you could hope for when travelling abroad. Thank you Salvatore, Dmitri & all at Le Ghiande. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple