“Great pizza, great prices, great location, and friendly staff!”
Review of Il Ristoro degli Dei - CLOSED

Il Ristoro degli Dei
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I wouldn't necessarily take the bus all the way here to Nocelle from position if you are only staying there a few night, but if you have some time to kill or you are staying in Nocelle, this is a great place to spend an evening. Many nights we just couldn't wait to go eat under a beautiful natural cave with priceless views of Positano, lit up at night and seemingly so far away. The pizza was the best we had in Italy (I especially liked the Rucola, and my boyfriend loved the Diavola)...the crust was thin and just the right mix of chewy and crispy. The staff is all part of one family (they also run the grocery store above the restaurant). The waitresses are very kind and speak English well. If you speak Italian, definitely meet and talk with the father Archangelo, who is a charming, sincere, multi-talented man. We will never forget our relaxing meals here with a big carafe of great but inexpensive wine to top it all off.

1  Thank Laura H

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Not terribly expensive, but good basic italian meal. Ambiance is fun as you truly are situated in the side of the rocks or what many call the "cave". recommend a bottle vs. the house wine as it is very sweet/young. Sausage entree was very tasty/zippy, pasta sides were light with fresh tomatoes, spinach salad was incredible I am guessing due to premixed balsamic/lemon dressing! Pork chop entree was also good. Cheesecake with fruit was wonderful. Wait staff very attentive.

1  Thank bktypea
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Now I know the name of the restaurant! We just called it the Pizza place!

My wife and I ate here for two of our five nights in Nocelle and loved each occasion. The Pizza's are truly great, with an extensive range of toppings and a flavour to match the wonderful aroma. The pasta is tasty and the local wine provides a great accompaniment.

As with everything else in Nocelle, the service is warm and friendly and the views amazing.

1  Thank LockStockandTravel
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Have had our first pizza and pasta dinner here. My partner had the carbonara and I had a pizza. Both were good and we had a glass of wine each. The total bill came to €24 When we went there it was a cold wet Friday night the road to nocelle had a land slip and so the road was blocked for some time by the time we got back to Ninos and got changed it was all we could do to drag ourselves out to eat and when we got to the pizzeria it was cold wet( the area is carved out of rock so it's like being in a cave some 600 hundred feet up) and empty . So not the best of circumstances to review anything really but the waitress was nice and our food was ok so if your in the village and cold and hungry, it's good if you want something quick. I think it would better if it was a warm summer night and not raining and and we were not cold and wet.

1  Thank David andrew L
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I would return to Italy just to eat this pizza again. Order the Diavolo pizza and you will not be dissapointed. After spending ten days in Italy I finally found the pizza I have been looking for!! The tomatoes are literally growing under the seating area. As you enjoy your pizza you look out at the entire town of Positano below you and the seating is in a cave on the edge of a cliff. Yes, it is as amazing as it sounds. To top it off a local man playing the guitar seranaded the customers as we ate. Best meal ever. The pizzas are large but you may end up eating more than you expected after you take the first bite. Enjoy!

1  Thank jfroster