All reviewsgreat foodgiardini naxosswimming poolspecial thanksjunior suitelarge terracebeautiful gardenetnacarweddingpartiescasemattresshighwaygirlgemson
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I am a 65 year old Canadian male and stayed at this resort for ten days in April. I know a small amount of Italian and my title expresses my experiences here - spectacular . . . .

The meals in the restaurant are excellent, varied and competitively priced. My room was large, comfortable, clean, open and airy. I had a clear view of the top of Mount Etna from my porch. I am an avid amateur photographer and with a car I was able to make it easily to a variety of photogenic locations including Taomarina, Noto, and Caltagirone.

By far, the best part of my stay was my encounters with the owners and staff of the resort. Everyone was very professional but, beyond their occupations, they were genuinely concerned with both myself and my needs during my stay. As a result, I have come away from Sicily having a much better understanding of the place and the warm and engaging nature of it's people.

I have traveled through much of Italy. This place is a "gem".

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We spent a week in this beautiful new resort. The location is excellent for excursions in the east of sicily. Not far away from Taormina but in a quiet area. A car is needed to get there. Great breakfast and the food in the restaurant was perfect. The staff is very friendly !!! The rooms are one of the cleanest we ever saw in italy. A place to remember !!!

Room Tip: ake a room on the first floor of the appartments.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The staff at Alcantara are wonderful! Not only did they give suggestions/directions but they actually took us to places of interest! The rooms are gorgeous with unheard of beautiful large bathrooms, flat screen TV's, Wi-fi, patios, etc. The restaurant has great food and service, and the included breakfast buffet is amazing! Alcantara personifies the term "resort"

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2011

New hotel excellent staff, excellent room, excellent pool, what more do you want.Don't look no further.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I spent my honeymoon at Alcantara. It is a very nice place, very clean, very green, with a nice swimming pool and excellent service. The breakfast is a bit humble but its enough, the dinner on the other hand is quite good. The staff of the resort is very friendly and very helpful. They help you whenever you´re in need. Make sure you are there by car. They have a secured parking. The only thing that is not so good is the location. Gaggi is really not a very nice town. But if you are there by car, staff will advise you where to go. I can advise you Taormina, Etna volcano, Alcantara gorge and Castalbiano. Dont go to Corleone...its far far away and really dissapointing.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple