“A Romantic Night in Zutphen”

Schultenhues - Peter Gast Gastrobar
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Zutphen
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy your stay in a vital, cosy and inspiring atmosphere. Taste the region trough te creative dishes of Peter Gast.
Kuurne, Belgium
“A Romantic Night in Zutphen”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went with a groupon ticket for the 7 course meal in this 1 Michelin star restaurant. The reception was warm and although we arrived at 8 we seemed to be the last couple entering. They support local wines and for that reason we chose a bottle white(SA) and a bottle red wine(FR) instead.
The dining room is very nice. Nice lounge music but when it gets dark, it gets a bit too dark in the restaurant. The food is delicious as is the service. We will surely go back but we would go on a sunday at noon. I can recommend this place !

• Visited May 2013

Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
“Mixed feeling”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten at Schulten Hues a couple of times (6-7 times at least in the last 2 years) and each one has been excellent, until the last one...which was last month.

The last time we were there, we took my in-laws to treat them to a 7 course dinner with wine pairings.

The food, presentation, service and ambiance were good as always (as expected from a restaurant with Michelin star) however the very next morning my husband, and my in laws suffered from food poisoning and they haven't even eaten anything else since the dinner the night before...

I was the only one who didn't feel ill (I didn't eat seafood as those three however), and because of this we suspected that it must have come from at least one of the seafood dishes - there were a few of them...

I emailed them to explain this and until a month later, I still didn't hear anything back, not an investigation or apology...which is very disappointing.

I didn't ask for a compensation or anything material, but a response would have been appreciated.

Judging from our last experience,I don't think I will ever go back or recommend them to anyone I know.

2 Thank schumaster
Leidschendam, The Netherlands
“Lunch ....vegetables..... a 3 star experience”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Zutphen is a very nice small dutch city ca. 80 km from Utrecht. Authentic and with a great restaurant..'t Schulten Hues. We were having lunch and were treated on one of the best lunches of last year. From beginning to the end, the courses and service were excellent. 5 amuses, before the best first course of passed year. smoked eal in a reduced sauce of vegatables of the season. This alone would be worth to return because it was truly memorable. Next course was seadevil, followed by roasted lamb and a beautiful light desert. Open Languedoc and Douro wines we drunk were the perfect choices with the different courses. Coffee ended this perfect lunch with no flaws . All served within 2 hours. Parking places are simple to be found at ca. 300 meters.

• Visited September 2012
Helsinki, Finland
“Flawless victory. Deserves the Michelin star.”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This beautiful old schoolhouse has been converted into an amazing restaurant. Beautifully decorated, the ambiance is just perfect for a long dinner. We had the six course of kitchen specialties, which also included some amazing amuses. The wine pairings were spot on, while the service was attentive but never pompous, just very friendly and able to explain a lot about the food & wine. Highlights were the excellent dish of eel, perfect lamb and a dessert of cleverly prepared strawberries.

• Visited July 2012
Warnsveld, The Netherlands
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

There is only one word which summarises our dinner experience at Schulten Hues: excellent! Food, service and atmosphere are all first class and top level. With one Michelin star it may not fit everybody's budget, though.

• Visited May 2012