If you want the genuine 'out there' rain forest experience then this is the place to go. The four hour tractor ride in should give a good idea of what you are in for! The accommodations are very rustic and provide just enough cover to keep the weather out but do not keep all the tropical life outside! The food and field tours are great. On hikes, this is no place for gentle strolls on manicured trails. Trails are slashed out of the rainforest and are muddy and slippery. A two night stay is minimum and may be all you need to see the area and get a feel for this fantastic locale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rara Avis introduced the concept of ecotourism as a conservation tool to the region in 1983, in which nature-based tourism is now the second largest industry. We preserve 12km2 and 20km of trails, we guarantee you the most authentique and unique experience on Costa Rica rainforest. The lodge is designed to maintain the feeling of being deep and isolated in the forest, while offering basic but comfortable rooms and excellent traditional food. We maintain the sense of the real Costa Rica of many years ago, while offering daily guided walks in which our resident guides explain how the rainforest works. In good weather it is possible to swim at the base of our pristine waterfalls. Other guests simply prefer relax in hammocks on the private balconies of their rooms. This a place for serious naturalists and those who like to have a learning experience on the rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Rara Avis Rainforest Lodge & Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rara Avis Rainforest Lodge And Reserve
- Rara Avis Rainforest Lodge & Reserve Hotel Braulio Carrillo National Park
- Rara Avis Rainforest Lodge & Reserve Costa Rica/Sarapiqui - Horquetas