We stayed here for 3 nights, supposedly in a Superior Room and our tour operator advised us that this was a "boutique hotel" that prided itself on its good dining. Firstly, it's off the beaten track and our trips to La Selva Biological Station and to do a rafting tour on the Sarapiqui River took 25-35 minutes each way. There's not much to do there if you don't have a hire car (which we didn't). There wasn't any seating area apart from the restaurant or a small open summerhouse or on the verandah outside the rooms. The gardens/trail were in need of care and attention. The evening meals were good, but the three nights stayed there the choice was always sea bass or chicken with a different sauce each time. We were booked in FB and we felt that we were encroaching on their hospitality by asking for it. Also in the roof space above our room were bats (nothing the owner could do about that), but there were holes through the roof and we found bat droppings outside the shower and on the mosquito net over the bed (which we'd luckily taken with us and set up). We thought the owner had to put in more effort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the foothills of the impressive Braulio Carrillo National Park, the Spanish colonial-built Hacienda La Isla Lodge is very well located in the center of numerous top attractions of Costa Rica.A perfect gateway for your visit to the rainforests and the adventure sites (rafting, canopy, horseback riding, etc.) of Sarapiqui, the exotic Caribbean beaches, the active volcano Arenal or the world famous Tortuguero canals and sea turtles. Guests will encounter the mysteries of the rainforest while enjoying a comfortable stay in the historically designed rooms of the hacienda. Hacienda La Isla lodge is a unique departure from the common tourism experience in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hacienda La Isla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda La Isla Hotel Horquetas
- Hacienda La Isla Lodge Costa Rica/Sarapiqui - Horquetas