“I love this place”

Hotel Hacienda Sueno Azul
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horquetas
Reviewed February 2, 2014

There are no kinder or more helpful staff around -- the setting is gorgeous -- the rooms comfortable (exceptional beds) -- the food fresh and tasty -- In all, Sueno Azul is a wonderful combination of jungle wildness and creature comforts -- Go stay there!

1  Thank Frances R
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hacienda Sueno Azul

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed at Sueno Azul Resort for one week and had the BEST experiences. The accommodations are outstanding. The rooms are lovely and the beds are very comfortable. The food is amazing! The head Chef sometimes serves the food. His love and pride for his work is apparent as each meal is delicious. I always went back for seconds AND I lost 3 pounds during my stay. The food is healthy and organic. The service is impeccable. I felt so taken care of by the staff - thoughtful and caring people. The owners Federico and Haydee are absolutely lovely and I felt at home as they welcomed me into their home/resort. There is horseback riding available (beautiful & friendly horses) and a zip-line so you can fly over the rain forrest! The resort is located near a chocolate factory which is a fun day trip. Sueno Azul is a magical place in Paradise. Everywhere where you look is beauty. I will be returning there again next winter. Pura Vida!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Colleen M
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I highly recommend Sueno Azul. Not only is it an absolutely beautiful setting, but it is staffed by sweet, helpful, and efficient people. I had everything I needed for comfort and adventure - delicious food, a lovely, clean room with an amazing view from the rocking chair on the back porch, plenty of activities and places to explore. My favorite is the horse back riding. Sueno Azul has the sweetest horses. They are gentle and easy to ride. I felt very safe exploring the rain forest on horse back. The cowboys leading the way showed me incredible views of the Costa Rican mountains and I saw more birds and wildlife than I can describe. I also highly recommend enjoying the adventure of the zip line high over the forest. It was spectacular! Such a wonderful trip! Thank you, Sueno Azul.

2  Thank shan29nyc
Reviewed January 30, 2014

It was our first time here and we are really hoping to come back, as we enjoyed it very much! The hotel has great grounds - and all paths have a roof, so you can go everywhere even when it's raining - this really is the rainforest where the weather can change very quickly from sun to heavy rain. The rooms have individual porches with rocking chairs where you can watch tucans and colibris etc. and have a great time if you don't want to go to the big porch near the restaurant. The staff is very friendly and helpful and speaks English. We were looking forward to all the meals; the food was delicious (my French husband thought so, too!) , and we especially loved the fresh fruit and fruitjuices; coffee was very good too; and at every meal there were enought choices to please all (we always tried everything and were not disappointed once). We had great fun on the zipline circuit - beginners were taken care of really well. And not to forget the horseriding! And to wind down afterwards in the pool or whirpool... All in all: We really loved it here. There might be an occasional chip in the paint, but if you don't make it a mission to look for these, there is really nothing to complain about, and we can't quite understand why it is such an issue for some people. I recommend this place without hesitation.

1  Thank Incognito N
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Sueno Azul is a beautiful place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone! The staff is friendly and knowledgable, the food is amazing and the accommodations are comfortable and cozy. It’s a rare opportunity to experience being in the middle of the jungle, while enjoying the comforts of modern life. It also offers spectacular scenery and fun activities, including the best horseback rides I’ve ever been on. Two thumbs up.

Room Tip: I’ve been here multiple times and each room is unique and wonderful in it’s own way.
2  Thank LeahSchnee
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Sueno Azul is such an amazing hotel and resort!
Located in a warm, beautiful tropical rain forest, hotel owners and the staffs have taken great care of the guests- I have been visited this place for years and I feel at home here. The Food is fresh and delicious. The Staffs are friendly and genuine sweet people. The tours (zip lines, tubing, horse back riding) they offer to guests are fun, safe and unforgettable. I had a great time and would highly recommend it to anyone that would like to enjoy the nature and beauty Costa Rica has to offer!

1  Thank karenhsu2014
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Sueno Azul for me is like a hidden treasure. The staff is fantastic always happy to help and with a smile on their faces. The food is magnificent, I don't have to think, I just need to choose what I fancy. The resort is beautiful, colourful and so full of life! I got to enjoy horseback riding, zip lining, pool and hot tubs. Recommend it highly!

• Stayed: January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horquetas
Selva Verde Lodge
Peace Lodge
Peace Lodge
#1 of 7 in Heredia
Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge

Been to Hotel Hacienda Sueno Azul? Share your experiences!