This hotel looks very traditional and fits in to its surroundings beautifully. We arrived in the afternoon and chose (from many outdoor activities) the Chocolate Tour, which was a delight and was one of our favorite things on our tour. We were shown the ancient and traditional way of making chocolate from cacao trees on the property - in an outdoor open air shed, not a factory, and we enjoyed the guides and the tour very much. We then crossed a suspension across the Sarapiqui River and into the rainforest, where there were narrow trails for those who wanted to hike. Our room, as noted in another review, was spartan and not at all well lit, but it was spacious and clean and had a double as well as a single bed. The bath was small but adequate. Dinner and breakfast were fine, and the grounds are very pretty. For once on this trip it didn't rain us out of our planned activity, tho' we did have late afternoon and evening rain. November is not the best month for Costa Rica. Some of the buildings had plastic on the roofs instead of the thatch, which made it seem a little shabby. Others on our tour were pleased with rafting, horseback riding, etc., but we recommend the chocolate tour - a unique experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SarapiquiS Rainforest Lodge, built as a pre-Columbian village and because of an outstanding concept of ecotourism and conservation of indigenous culture - a unique model in Ecotourism in Costa Rica. Proudly we have level three in Certification for Sustainable Tourism, officially certified by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) The hotel has six ecological structures Palenque type: four units for bedrooms, one with air-conditioned rooms, Amphitheatre and a central building with lobby, restaurant, bar, a photo gallery, administration and boutique gifts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centro Neotropico Sarapiquis Hotel La Virgen
- Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge Sarapiqui, Costa Rica