Tirimbina Lodge, aka Tirimbina Rainforest Center (TRC) is located in La Virgen de Sarapiqui (northwest of Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui). The trail system offers access to almost 900 acres of lowland rainforest (ranging in elevation from 600-720 feet). The facilities are clean and quite comfortable (and air conditioned!). The meals were delicious. The staff were friendly and all spoke English reasonably well. Onsite tours included a very interesting introduction to the cultivation and processing of chocolate from the cacao tree. Birding was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Sarapiqui region, the Tirimbina Rainforest Lodge along the Sarapiqui River, is contiguous to a Biological Reserve of 852.5 Acres.We offer 12 comfortable rooms with A/C, safe deposit box, hot water, WI-FI, and phone. Enjoy our welcoming atmosphere and discover the exciting tropical forest, walking along several trails and suspension bridges of tropical forest and river discoveries from our study trails and bridges.Services (Restaurant, laundry , 24h security, a be-lingual staff welcomes)Facilities (souvenir shop, parking lot, A/C conference room, library, internet access) Attractions: (More than 9km trails, chocolate tour, bird watching, bat program, self walking tour, guided tour, night walking tour, eco education programs, volunteer and research opportunities and more) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Tirimbina Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tirimbina Hotel La Virgen
- Tirimbina Lodge Sarapiqui, Costa Rica