A great trip after a 20 minute nature walk across a 264 metre canopy bridge to the tended area where chocolate making is explained and you taste every stage of the production.rather expensive at $27 per person and the promised unlimited chocolate was just a few spoons of the liquid - shame at that price. be warned they will not allow you in without covered up feet, even open topped shoes were banned unless you had socks on and you would have to wear their wellies (without socks, so not an option) or sign a waiver negating them of any blame if bitten. The nature trek was not arduous and the only think likely to attack your feet were the leaf ants which generally dont bother - a little over cautious I thought. The chocolate tour was great fun - watch out for the hot stone and some of us got blisters from the heat and were not warned. Also saw a great preying mantis which kindly remained for numerous photos - a bonus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Sarapiqui region, the Tirimbina Rainforest Lodge along the Sarapiqui River, is contiguous to a Biological Reserve of 852.5 Acres.We offer 12 comfortable rooms with A/C, safe deposit box, hot water, WI-FI, and phone. Enjoy our welcoming atmosphere and discover the exciting tropical forest, walking along several trails and suspension bridges of tropical forest and river discoveries from our study trails and bridges.Services (Restaurant, laundry , 24h security, a be-lingual staff welcomes)Facilities (souvenir shop, parking lot, A/C conference room, library, internet access) Attractions: (More than 9km trails, chocolate tour, bird watching, bat program, self walking tour, guided tour, night walking tour, eco education programs, volunteer and research opportunities and more) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tirimbina Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tirimbina Hotel La Virgen
- Tirimbina Lodge Sarapiqui, Costa Rica