This was the best place we stayed on our Costa Rican holiday. It's not a luxury hotel (there is no pool or spa or anything like that), but if you're looking for a peaceful, relaxing setting with rain forest a short stroll away from your hotel room, this is the place.
Our room had plenty of space, a good shower and air conditioning. It was clean and well presented. There was a little porch looking out onto the lovely gardens, where you could relax, read, or watch the many birds that visited.
Food was cafeteria style. There was a fairly limited choice but it was very tasty. Also extremely good value: $10 for lunch and $12 for dinner.
The main purpose of staying here is obviously to visit the rain forest. There are a variety of guided walks. We did 3, all excellent. The guides are helpful, enthusiastic and well informed. From the hotel, it's just a few yards to the hanging bridges that span the fairly wide river to give access to the rain forest (you need to be able to handle bridges that sway a bit, but they are quite safe!).
The hotel staff are also friendly and helpful.
Add to all this the fact that your visit is helping to fund the other activities of the centre, such as research and educational visits for local schoolchildren and you have the perfect place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Sarapiqui region, the Tirimbina Rainforest Lodge along the Sarapiqui River, is contiguous to a Biological Reserve of 852.5 Acres.We offer 12 comfortable rooms with A/C, safe deposit box, hot water, WI-FI, and phone. Enjoy our welcoming atmosphere and discover the exciting tropical forest, walking along several trails and suspension bridges of tropical forest and river discoveries from our study trails and bridges.Services (Restaurant, laundry , 24h security, a be-lingual staff welcomes)Facilities (souvenir shop, parking lot, A/C conference room, library, internet access) Attractions: (More than 9km trails, chocolate tour, bird watching, bat program, self walking tour, guided tour, night walking tour, eco education programs, volunteer and research opportunities and more) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tirimbina Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tirimbina Hotel La Virgen
- Tirimbina Lodge Sarapiqui, Costa Rica