“Best kept secret”
Review of Moxons Beach Club

Moxons Beach Club
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Reviewed September 23, 2008

My fiance already wrote a review on how much we enjoyed our stay. I just decided to come back and write a little more. I look forward to go back for another stay at the Moxons. The Staff was wonderful the helped us with anything we needed. It felt like like home away from home. We appreciated how much Natalie help us set up fun and exciting things to do during our stay. She help set up a dinner reservation at the Ruins on the Falls. This was after she arranged our trip to Martha Brea. ( A beautiful hour long ride down the river) She provided us a driver to carry us from place to place and wait for us so we would not have to switch from cab to cab. Overall I just want to say thank you again and look forward to coming back. Maybe this time for our honeymoon stay. ;-)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mypvtroom

Reviewed August 7, 2008

I learnt about this Hotel through a Newspaper article written in one of Jamaica's leading newspapers, it sparked my interest and i wanted to experience it for myself. The First good thing abt the hotel was that we got an upgrade to a lovely room #401. Overall the staff was friendly and the ambiance was refreshing. My only concern was the price of the meals. It was quite expensive not to mention the alcohol! But i would recommend this hotel to all my friends. Its a good place to rekindle passion.
- S.R

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sassysads
Reviewed July 19, 2008

We just returned from Jamaica this morning, I could not wait to post my comments on the moxons. I originally visited Jamaica for my sister's wedding. I read numerous positive reviews on the moxons, which peaked my interest to stay there.

The moment we arrived, we were greeted with warm genuine smiles. At the front desk Nats, now a good friend of mine took care of our every need. The establishment is very well kept and the staff is very well trained. My brother works for one of those big name all inclusive resorts (which we could have stayed free of charge), but that is not what we were looking for. This is one of the most peaceful and pleasing places we have every stayed. We arrived on Wed. and it seem liked we had the whole place to ourselves. The scenery was absolutely the best. When is was time to eat, there was no disappointment in the quality of the meal. I mean the food was great, this is coming from a Jamaican man that can cook and my brother is a professional chef for a resort. Special thanks to Franscine for her excellent service and pleasant personality. Nuff respect going out to Ninja, we will hit the reef on my next stop. Thanks to Devon for keeping the peace at the front gate. As for Natallia, I cant say enough good things about our interactions (you ah lead) :). I will be returning to Jamaica later this year, you could not pay me enough money to stay anywhere else. MOXONS YOU LARGE!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jusjamaican
Reviewed May 12, 2008

I was worried since we had never been to Jamaica and wanted to extend our stay after a "Club" event. A friend recommended the Ocho Rios area but that is all we knew. We saw this listing and decided to take a chance.

It was worth every penny we paid!

As others have said, the snorkling is right there, with a lifeguard to help you with everything. Every staff member was friendly and helpful. Food delicious and drinks were even being served on the dock if you want it!

Ms. Mac is happy to tell you the Moxon's Lore as well as tale's she encountered while building onto the original Moxon's restaurant.

This place has lots of stairs which adds to the Boutique feel of the place. Lots of little romantic spots tucked into every level of the place. All of this adds to the feeling that if you don't want to be found or want privacy, this is the place.

We wish we had more than a few days there and look forward to our next vacation at Moxon's.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank eastmeetswest40
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Just a great place to base yourself for a non comercial stay in Jamaica. The staff is friendly and know the area. They will help you with anything you want to do in the area.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank martinyoung
Reviewed April 13, 2008

re Moxon's beach club,

My wife and I just spent a week at Moxon's and found it to be a very pleasant first class operation without all the formalaties of the larger hotels. The food was amazing,and we had the luxury of ordering anything we wanted with a days notice. The staff was perfect,and catered to every whim. We highly recommend this private out of the way resort.

Hoa and Rocky Evans

Montreal,Canada

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
6  Thank classymontreal
Reviewed February 23, 2008

I have come to rely on TripAdvisor for ratings/reviews when determing vacation opportunities and once again they did not disappoint. We have been home less than 24 hours and wish we were back at our "home" in Jamaica - Moxon's Beach Club.

This was our first Jamaican vacation and may not be the last due to our 1st class experience at Moxon's. We flew in to Montego Bay where Mrs. Mac (owner of Moxon's) coordinated transfer from airport to club. FYI - 2 hours minimum travel time from airport to Moxon's (especially if other passengers being dropped off at other hotels) Service was on spot ($50 per person round trip - good quality) with interesting perspective on Jamaican driving. Let me say passing is an art and the use of the horn is a true art form with Jamaicans (you'll see). Tip - Next time we visit will probably secure personal car or taxi for direct route.

We had a great 7 day stay in room 402 at Moxons. If you are looking for an all inclusive, entertain me every minute of the day experience then Moxons may not be what you are looking for. We arrived on Friday night and didn't see any other guests at the club until Monday. Basically we had the place to ourselves along with the attention of the great staff for a week.

Typical day would start with visiting Francine for breakfast. Her helpful smile and attention to our needs started our day off. My wife and I thought it was funny each morning when she placed the "reserved" sign on our usual table when hardly any other guests were there. Recommend the "Jamaican" breakfast - excellent.

After breakfast it was time to soak in the rays. No beach for laying out, but the two piers with lounges get the job done. I would leave the wife reading a book on the pier while Toto (lifeguard?) and I would go out snorkeling. Toto will gladly go out with you while at the same time spear fish for his lunch and dinner. That's right if you play your cards right he will show you some great sights as well as give you a chance to shoot the spear. The club is in front of a mile long reef which provides a great background for hours snorkeling in crystal clear water. I found it gratifying that Sandals would shuttle a boat down twice a day right in front of my club so their guests could snorkel.

Coming in from snorkeling with Toto usually meant lunch time. Francine would once again take our order. Wifes favorite lunch meal - conk fritters / Mine - jerked wings. Afternoon consisted of more sun/reading and/or lounging in the comfortable, shaded "cave" near the pool.

After freshening up from the day it was time to visit Jenive for dinner. She truely made the dining experience pleasant the whole week except for Tues & Wed. when she was off. Wife's favorite dinner meal - Lobster Thermodore $26 (wife kept saying you can't beat 2 lobsters for that price) / Mine - anything with fish. Jenive was usually flanked by Williard or David (bartenders) who were available as early as 7am until 11pm to provide your refreshment needs. Drink of choice - Red Stripe LIGHT. That's right Light Red Stripe beer - only in Jamaica at the moment but can't wait to get it in US. All beers $3, mixed drinks ranged from $5.50 - 6.50. Very reasonable.

Notes - Moxon's is on a cliff with 4 stories. Expect a lot of walking up and down steps.

Food - Some of the best, simple dishes we have ever tasted and what really made the vacation for us. Everything made to order so expect 20 minute preparation time (hence Red Stripe Light).

Visiting Ocho Rios - Be prepared to be asked by every taxi driver if you would like to see the sights. At the outdoor market - expect a hard sale. You will not be able to view for yourself b/c you will be hounded. Personal favorite - Piranha Joe's in Soli's shopping area.

River Tubing - Recommend and can be coordinated by Moxon's. $20 per person for tubing. 30 minute tubing down fresh water rapids. Great time with opportunity to jump 15 feet into cove. Don't chicken out - DO IT. Photos available for purchase.

Mrs Mac - A great lady with modeling, acting and design background who tackled the task of bringing Moxon's back to it's former glory.

To sum it up - for a peaceful, quiet, and relaxing holiday you won't be dissappointed with the views & service provided by the owner and staff.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ECUTravelers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Jamaica Inn
Samsara Cliffs Resort
Samsara Cliffs Resort
#30 of 80 in Negril
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort

Been to Moxons Beach Club? Share your experiences!