Let me begin by saying that I was SO nervous about my trip to Beaches Boscobel after reading all of the negative reviews on Trip advisor. I was married at Beaches Boscobel on January 24th, 2007...we stayed here with 13 guests (including my 3 kids ages 6, 9 and 12) from Jan. 20-Jan. 27, 2007. My review will be long, honest and I really hope it helps relieve some stress and tension that some future visitors may feel....
1. Yes the bus ride is long. It is about 2 hours and 30 minutes. The road is under construction which makes it worse. Your on vacation though, relax and enjoy the scenery. You will see Jamaica's true way of life. There is a rest stop for tourists about half way where you can purchase some refreshments. I would suggest going down to the ocean front. This was refreshing for the adults and kids alike where we saw crabs and lots of shells and coral that was washed up on the beach...each kid took a 'treasure' with them and they really liked this part.
2. The staff here are AMAZING!!! They are so nice and very helpful. Unfortunatly my son got Chickenpox the second day we were there (had an outbreak at school so we knew there would be a risk of him breaking out in Jamaica) but this was still an amazing experience! My youngest, 6, was quarantined to his room and the manager gave a complimentary room for my husband to be and other 2 children. Nurse Hamilton was so kind and helpful and made a point of coming to visit everyday. The entire wedding party was upgraded to better rooms upon our arrival. We were all in a row and were right beside the pool, bar and restaurant which we liked. Our room number was 1132. Sebastian at the front desk is terrific and will help you with anything!
3. Yes some renovations are needed. In our room it could have used a fresh coat of paint and some other minor reno's but nothing terrible. There are sick stray cats that crawl the property but these are far and few between and if you don't pay attention to them and don't feed them they are gone before you know it. The beach isn't huge but it's beautiful and groomed and more than large enough for all of the guests. There were always lots of chairs and space available.
4. Now that I have touched on the 'negative reviews' I will talk about the wonderful things this resort has to offer. Every night there is a different theme full of dancing, singing and entertainment. Everyone works so hard to make sure the guests are having a great time. The pool is so clean and large and the kids area is great! The food is good, not great but good. They have things that satisfy adults and kids, including Italian dishes to cheeseburgers and pizza. There is a self serve ice cream and slush machine that was a real hit with the kids! The glass bottom boat and hobie cats are great!!! Arizona's is AMAZING and the 'dirty banana' alcoholic drink is ssooo good! The swim up pool bar is so much fun for the kids and adults...the bar tenders will sing and engage you "there ain't no party like a pool party!!!".
5. Our Wedding was beautiful although not as planned. Because my son was ill and unable to leave the room we moved our beach wedding to our patio!!! They still went above and beyond for us making our area so beautiful including replanting the gardens outside of our room the day before so the flowers would be fresh and beautiful. Our reception was right on our patio and it was still beautifully set up with flower petals on the tabletops. This was truly a dream vacation and everything was wonderful!
This resort is amazing! It is so much fun and everyone in our wedding group had so much fun and we would all return to this resort. On January 27th when our guests were scheduled to leave, their Air Canada flight was cancelled so everyone was sent to several different resorts for the night. Some went to Beaches Sandy Bay and others went to Beaches Negril and everyone said that Beaches Boscobel was THE BEST!!! If you've booked or are thinking of booking I would tell you to take the negative reviews with a grain of salt and remember that some people aren't happy no matter what...this place is wonderful and if you have a positive attitude this will be the trip of a lifetime!!! ENJOY!!! No problem mon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Unique Vacations Inc, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios