I stayed at this hotel along with my family and a few family friends. This hotel had its good parts, and its bad, but overall it is decent.
Yes, the shuttle is long, but it is doable. On the way there, we had our own private airconditioned toyota van in which you could feel every bump. On the contrary, we had an airconditioned mini bus on the way back with another family and it was very comfortable, and the time seemed to fly by.
At this hotel they do a seated check in where you sit on a couch and fill out a form. They then hand you your key (a metal one on a colored lanyard with clip) and your welcome pack (large bottles of tropical "flavored" shampoo and conditioner, aloe and body wash, in addition to a map of the hotel, a tour brochure, and an advertisement for their photography place). You are then escorted by the bellman to your room.
Unfortunatly, they gave us one king bed instead of two doubles, so we were upgraded to a "LUXARY FAMILY ROOM" which was adequet. It was a large room with a large sitting area a few steps down (complete with couch, chair, dresser, and table). The room (1116) was right near the disco which blasts music well into the night (even though no one ever goes). This room also had a porch which was covered and could be used in the rain. The theme of the rooms is "pineapples".
-Bayside: The main restaraunt was very nice, half inside, half out. There were cats roaming around which could be a bother, but other than that it was fine. I became hooked on fried dumplings, a jamaican dish. They also had lobster tails and lots of jerked items.
-Arizona: This restaraunt was nice, entirely outside, and not the place to be in the rain (as we learned). It was right on the water. They have an appetizer buffet, and the rest is sit down. The food was very good, and I thought it was the best restaraunt at the hotel.
-Venetian: This wasn't as good as I was expecting. The soup was cold, and my "pasta with only marinara sauce" turned out as "pasta with marinara sauce, in addition to potatoes and other vegetables that soiled the taste"
-Bar-B-Que Park: I ate here once and the pizza was good. I stuck the the main restaraunt because this place wasn't that great. They also have an anytime ice cream machine and popcorn machine to create snacks anytime.
-Elenanors: This place was good for the one time my party ate here. The food was all delicious, and many in my party liked this place the best.
The beach is small, and the Caribbean is not the place to be going in the winter, because the weather is unpredictable. The watersports were closed a lot. Be sure to do the snorkel trip, it was a lot of fun.
The free golf lessons were a lot of fun. I had Bill, who taught me how to swing a golf club and drive the ball. The golf course is very nice too, even though it is a 20 minute drive.
It doesn't exist.
Unorganized. Doesn't exist on very often occasions.
These were all good. My only complaint is that the tennis people did not own a squeedgie to clean off the courts when it rained. It made me not play as much I wanted.
The shows were not real shows. They were more Jamaican culture, with fire eaters, and talent shows. They were better than I expected. The "funpals" sing the song "Aint no party like a beaches party cause a beaches party dont stop" which confuses me. The resort seems to die down at around 4:00pm, with virtually nothing to do, except the X-Box Room (which was very nice...but I won't get into it).
This hotel is decent, but I will not return as I like traveling to new places rather than repeating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Unique Vacations Inc, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios