Date of stay: 9/18/04 thru 9/24/04
We were originally supposed to be at Sandals Royal Caribbean, but two days prior to our arrival we were informed that our Grand Luxe Beachfront room had been hit hard by Hurricane Ivan. So we were given the options of either going at a later date or going to Beaches Boscobel at our normally scheduled time. We chose the Beaches Boscobel option even though we knew there would be children there.
The plane ride from GRR to MBJ went off without a hitch, likewise did the return trip.
Since this was our 2nd time to Ocho Rios, so we were already aware of the 2 hour ride to the resort. But you should make the most of it and remember it is a 3rd world country not the US/Canada or UK.
Check in was smooth and quick.
The resort itself was pretty clean could use some fresh paint here and there.
The restaurants had pretty good food, much better than cruise food.
The pool bar and the Bayside bar were neat and clean. The bartenders were great. Raymond at the Bayside bar gave me the nickname of Clark Kent or Superman. So if you go there tell him Clark Kent says, "ya, man!"
The grounds were very neat and clean, especially considering the hurricane had just went through.
We had a Beachfront Terrace Concierge Suite, which was very nice, also clean.
The best part of the entire vacation was the daily pool volleyball games.
We were dissapointed in the beach though. The vendors hanging out at the beach were quite annoying.
We will not go back to a Beaches that allow children as they get to you after a while. Especially the parents yelling at the kids. Oh, yeah the daily Sesame Street letter of the day at 10:00am can also wear thin.
But, all in all it was a good place and we had a hell of a lotta fun. My biggest piece of advice would be to relax and get your nose out of the air.
This whole trip was compared to our last visit to Jamaica at the Beaches Royal Plantation which we visited in November 2001. Now that is an awesome place.
Royal Plantation: 10 out of 10
Boscobel: 7 out of 10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Unique Vacations Inc, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios