“Five star service!!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Carle Place, New York
“Five star service!!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this resort with a group of 23 people(13 kids). The grounds were immaculately maintained. There was a resort representative everywhere you turned wishing you a good morning or asking how your stay was going. We rented cabanas for most of our stay and the staff there was very accommodating. Some of the staff that went out of there way for us and most especially the kids were Judy who handled our catamaran ride and various other group activities, Miguel and Orando who probably made 50 crepes a day for our group of 5 11-year old boys. The portions were generous wherever we went to eat. The drinks were generous as well. Overall their commitment to service and ensuring that their guests have a truly great vacation was outstanding!! Thank you to all that made our stay memorable!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Lorraine A
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Thank you for your review of Beaches Ocho Rios! It sounds like you all had such an incredible week at our resort. With such a large group, we're so proud to know that we were able to please each guest, no matter the age. We always strive to meet the expectations of our guests and it seems your expectations were met and exceeded. We look forward to your next visit in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (971)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Just got back from an amazing vacation with my extended family. We were 15 in all ranging in ages from 2 through 77. We are all well traveled and have been to several " all inclusives" in the past but I truly feel this was the best one. For children, there are tons to do. The characters are there all day everday. There are always something fun for the kids to do from baking cookies with cookie monster to rubber duckie hunt with Ernie. Had tons of fun at the character breakfast.
I can't say enough the staff. They all went out of their way to make us feel special, remember our names, and serve us with the best treatment. The first day my room was not ready until 4 pm and after that I requested to have it made up early since I had a 2 year old who had to nap and everything was " no problem, mylady"
There are so many great employees but just to name a few great ones was Bradli at the Front desk and when Bradli wasn't there we had Richard. Shaineka ( We called her Sneaky Shaineky) ran fun and entertaining family olympics with our family and the general shows. Harris was our family's personal concierge and Roxanne ( HTP) at the Buffet was sweet as can be.
I would highly recommend this place for people of all ages especially children. My 2 downfalls were that it was a 2 hr drive from the airport but the bus drivers were informative and fun to make the ride a little less painful and I found the area around the pool very slippery so be careful not to slip on the wet surface.

Room Tip: all rooms seemed great. We were the first room outside the main lobby. Because it is tucked in the...
4 Thank Donna B
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I traveled here in mid-December, 2013 as a travel agent for a tour and stayed two nights in this resort. While Jamaica is pretty (it's the Caribbean, and any island there has beautiful waters), this resort didn't make my first impression of the Sandals brand a good one. As an agent who sells resorts and destinations all over the world, I personally wouldn't recommend this Beaches family resort to anyone. I was quite disappointed with the decor, lack of up-keep, mediocre attitude from the staff and overall lack luster of the resort. For as much as this brand charges for a family-filled destination in the Caribbean, it needs a serious overhaul! Everything from details in the room, lack of flavor in the food, and the disrepair of the children's play areas left much to be desired. This was my first experience with a Sandals branded property (Beaches is their family-friendly brand) and one that I wouldn't want to repeat. I can safely say that there are much better resorts for the money out there that will provide families with better accommodations, and for a much better price. If you're dead-set on this brand, I've heard that the Beaches Turks & Caicos is a safe bet, though, I've not yet experienced this property. Check out my other reviews of Sandals properties (which are much better I may add)!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank gjscraftygirl
Hello and thank you for your post.
We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations for service and quality during your visit to Beaches Ocho Rios and anything less than perfect calls for improvement on our part. We sincerely apologize for any shortcoming on our part. and we appreciate you sharing your input with us, ax we want to ensure that our future guests do not have a similar experience. Therefore, your feedback will be sent to our General Manager for immediate evaluation and action as needed. We do hope that you will return to one of our Beaches resorts in the future for a stay that will surely exceed all of your expectations.
NY
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Just got back from a fantastic week at Beaches Ochos Rios! We were met at the airport by the Sandals crew that whisked us to the lounge. We contemplated booking MoBay but decided to only do it upon departure.

The Ride to the Resort
TWO HOURS! Actually we got there in just under two hours without any stops. It was not a bad ride. We had a great bus driver that spoke about the island's history along the way.

Check IN
We were a very large party of 8 families....kids ranging from 4-14. I was very pleased with my room. It had a king with a step down to a living space with a trundle for my two boys. The check in process was quick and the receptionists tried to please and honor requests. Tiffany behing the desk always had a smile on her face. She is a doll! Since we were a large group I met with Lenore who was in charge of making sure eveything was going well. SHe checked in with me often and always tried to troubleshoot any concerns that arose. The food manager came down to speak with one of the parents regarding her gluten allergy as well as her son's peanut allergy. I do recommend calling ahead to give them the heads up about any allergies/requests.

The Food
Delish Delish! Neptunes was my favorite! Grazelynn, Danielle and Ewart always aimed to please. You can just tell they are good people deep down.

The Beach
We started at the beach each day until 3ish. DOnald was our score of the week. He always lended a helping hand and helped to organize our water activities each day. I felt like we had butler service without the cost!!

Waterpark
We didnt see the kids all day....need I say more?

Pool
We finished up our wet part of the day around the pool bar. Got to catch a few of the shows that started around 530 on some nights. Most of the shows began around 730-8pm.

Special Nights
Sunday was WHite CHocolate night where everyone wears white and eats chocolate on the East Lawn. This got cut short due to some rain.
Monday was Jamaican night. They said up a huge buffet along the pool area, had a marching band come and all the characters.
Tuesday was a cocktail party on one of the terraces.
Friday was the best! Beach party night. They set up a huge bonfire and tables on the beach along with a buffet and DJ and dancing. OMG we had a ball. That night ended in the piano bar !

In conculusion, it was a great vacation. I also want to thank David P from Unique Vacations for helping me with all my planning (and requests!)

Look forward to going to Beaches again next year.

12 Thank Wee315
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We generally had a great time at Beaches. I travelled with my husband and two small children (4 year old and 18 month old). This was our second Beaches experience.

The resort was perfect for my 4 year old. She loved the kids club - they had great daily activities with the sesame street characters. The staff was great with the older kids. They had scavenger hunts with Super Grover and storytime with Elmo. Great structured activities.

However, the kids club was not great for my 18 month old. Some of the older women working there clearly did not like having to look after toddlers and babies. They weren't friendly and they would not play with the younger children. They would try and make them watch tv or make them sleep. I usually only ended up taking my youngest there at nap time as they had a room of cribs. I would not recommend leaving babies and toddlers there for any length of time. This was disappointing as every other area of the resort had friendly, outgoing staff - just not in the baby/toddler kids club area.

The rest of the resort was amazing. The staff were always friendly and attentive. Food was quite good.

The pool area was also unbelievably great. We loved the water slides and the kids play area. It was the best pool for kids we have ever seen.

I think we will definitely go back again when my youngest is a little older and can enjoy the kids club a little more.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank travelswithkids014
Denver
Reviewed August 26, 2014

You absolutely get what you pay for, so if money is a concern know that its well spent so don't have buyers remorse by saving a few dollars somewhere else. We stopped in a French village suite that literally overlooked the beach and was next to a Crepe place with a small pool .... location of the room was spot on with a balcony view over the ocean. We also had a concierge service and to be frank it was a waste of time, every time we asked them to book something for us they made a mistake, one of which worked in our favor as I had a driver and car for $100 for a trip to Dunns Falls and Mystic Mountain. The water sports activities are fun but the cancelled the catamaran as someone had booked it for the day we wanted to go. So tip is book everything on day one for water sports, some of which you can do for the week some only with 2 days notice, but don't leave it to whim. Crepe place was excellent, we loved the buffets and the standard restaurants were all ok - no complaints. This is a beach holiday though, so if you like to sit around perfect, if not then you will need to plan for day trips and Dunns was fun but Mystic Mountain was really fun for zip lining and a bob sleigh type downhill roller coaster. All in all great quality, luxurious place which isn't over crowded. 2 hour drive from the airport so remember that.

Room Tip: Book water sports early, plan ahead for day trips before you leave and pay the extra for Club Mobay...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank OSBinUSA
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2014

we have just returned from Beaches Ochos Rios and we had a fabulous family holiday. The children were never bored with so much to do. My 6 year old daughter loved kids camp, I had never actually intended for her to go, but she always wanted to!
The friendliness of the staff really made the holiday. ORAL in Neptunes was brilliant with the children and really friendly, he was only a trainee and I think he would be an asset as a full member of staff. Also MONIFA in Neptunes was absolutely charming.
entertainment staff really tried to get the children involved and my son loved the entertainment arranged by RODNEY. the X box room guy (sorry cant remember his name as my son referred to him as ronaldo) kept my sone entertained when he had stitches in his chin and couldn't use the pool for a couple of days. Not forgetting the awesome cocktails made by the ever willing AARON in the pool bar.
Would definitely recommend this resort for a family holiday, so much for the kids to do that the adults could actually relax.

2 Thank kingy22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Moon Palace Jamaica
Moon Palace Jamaica
#7 of 35 in Ocho Rios
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!