“Amazing resort!”

and 1 more site!
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband & I chose this resort for our wedding. We already have 2 girls (6 & 3) and traveled with 18 people total. It was amazing! Better then we had even expected. We stayed for 9 nights and everything was perfect. We didn't love our view from our room upon checking in & the front desk (DeanPaul, Tricia, Recardo, Shaneque ) were very accommodating & moved us immediately to a view that better suited us. The property is gorgeous, the staff is amazing, the resort activities are great (Nishawn does a fabulous job with the kids) and the food is unbelievably good! The waterpark is great for kids & adults. Beach & pool are both very nice. Lots of activities!!

Our wedding coordinator (Simone) made sure our special day was perfect (and manager AnnaKay is great!!) Our photographer (Nevin,along with the help of Micshane) took the most amazing pictures..I'm a real picture person & he took so many great shots that it was so hard to choose but Isheka from the photo shop sat with us patiently for over 2 hours as we chose our favorites and Kedene helped us along the way as well.

I can't stress enough how great the staffs is! They really make this resort different from the rest. They treat you like you're family and go out of their way to make everything perfect. Donald on the beach is amazing & helpful! Zane from the beach bar went out of his way to make me a little concoction with tea & honey since it was the night before the wedding & I had lost my voice. Sasha & Camille found us everyday to make sure we were happy with our stay. It is truly important to have great customer service at resorts and Beaches Ocho Rios definitely nailed it!

Also thank you to Fiona from the soon come back for all your help. Seante, Charissa, Nathalee and Shaneak...Beaches Ocho Rios wouldn't be the same without you amazing ladies!

I would HIGHLY recommend this resort!

2  Thank kellys1108
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for your review of Beaches Ocho Rios. We're thrilled that you had an absolutely wonderful stay and beautiful wedding. We always do our best to ensure our guests are comfortable and worry-free. It was an honor to host you and your family and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,343)

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Of course as anyone can see from photos--this resort is beautiful, but the staff is its true beauty. You will gain personal friendships with the staff which will cause you to instantly want to re-book a stay once you leave. After the first day, many of the staff knew my family and I by name, which is unlike any other service I have received elsewhere. Some of the staff members that specifically stuck out due to their excellence in service was Cleveland at the Piano Bar, Lashonna, Orando and Stacy-Anne at the Creperie and Dameon, the lifeguard in Watersports. The only reason I would need for returning back to the resort is these people. They did more than cater, they genuinely care about the guests. Although the staff at this resort do not accept tips, their service was utmost and they deserve recognition. If the hotel staff at any resort modeled the personal service of Cleveland, Lashonna, Orando, Stacy-Anne and Dameon, that hotel would be an undeniable hit that would leave its guest impatiently waiting their next visit.

1  Thank Jasmine A

Thank you for your review of Beaches Ocho Rios! We're thrilled to read of your phenomenal stay at our resort. Our staff goes above and beyond to ensure our guests are happy and they'll be so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed from Nov 16 to Nov 22. First, I would like to thank the following staff members for making our Wedding Day and Family Vacation Week a great success. Michelle our Wedding Planner was with us every step of the way to ensure we had the best day ever. Dameon (Pepper) working in the Watersports area is a great asset to the Beaches Resort when it comes to delivering the customers a most memorable vacation. Dameon was very helpful in taking care of our family members for having a very fun time on all the water activities. Ruppert (Concierge) made our vacation as enjoyable as possible by making sure with every time we passed through the lobby to ask if we needed anything. Navedine, Wow! What can I say other than OUTSTANDING! Navedine was our go to person for our Rehearsal and Wedding Dinners. Navedine and her staff did an outstanding job from beginning to end to ensure that everyone received top class service. Thank you to Rayon for keeping our fridge stocked and a big thank you to Kemoya in Housekeeping for keeping our rooms in tip top shape through out our stay. Last but not least, a thank you to the Beachfront bar crew....Nike, Shadae and Shaneak for providing great service to us and our family for our stay. When stung by a bee money is to come your way.....we will wait and see, thanks for everything.

Overall this is a great resort for Couples and Families. Plenty of enjoyable activities to take part in and plenty of time to just relax. Very relaxing stay and never once felt hurried as you do when back in the states on a vacation. Great food, great drinks, great rooms. I have nothing bad to say about this place, we had nothing but a great time. The only down side was having to leave the 85 degree weather and get off of the plane in MSP to start enjoying the 12 degree weather. We enjoyed this place soooooo much, that we have booked for the same week next year to celebrate our 1 year Anniversary. Thanks again to Beaches Ocho Rios and their staff for making this a great vacation.

Jerry, Sue and Noah (Jr. Skipper)
Iowa

Room Tip: Try to get a room by the beach. It was great to walk out of the room onto the deck in the morning or...
1  Thank Jerry A

Thank you so much for your review of Beaches Ocho Rios! It was truly an honor to share such a special occasion with you and we're so glad that your stay and wedding were both marvelous experiences. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your entire vacation and that your trip was such a memorable one.

We can't wait to see you back again in the near future!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was the first resort vacation for our family, we were there for 4 nights and 5 days on the Caribbean Luxury Family Sized Suite with double bed room, The rooms were very spacy and comfortable. It also had an additional bedding facility in the sofa, that could be turned into bed. The Check in process was quick and amazing, as our room was not ready when we checked in, they took us for the lunch and gave us a guided tour of the facility. We being vegetarian, the chef from the kitchen came out and asked us what we like and prepared us a wonderful dish in 10 minutes, and every day during our lunch and dinner, they went out of the way to provide us with good authentic vegetarian food. The pool and the kids slide pools were excellently maintained with life guards at every place and I also noticed them also having fun with kids, sliding down with them, encouraging them and giving them tips. My son made a rapport with one of the life guard and while we were leaving went all the way back to the pool to wave him. The bars were all well stocked and the bar tender were not shying away from providing good cocktails. I would surely visit them again. They sure had good entertainment and points system for contests.
One negative I found in the resort was that people were smoking everywhere, they did not have designated smoking place, This really bothered me as there were kids everywhere and people smoking near pool and in the beach.

Great place to go again!!!!

Room Tip: Caribbean Luxury Family Sized Suite on the left side of the resort are calmer and closer to all reso...
3  Thank AvidCamper2013
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of Beaches Ocho Rios. We're so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing experience with us. It's great to know that you enjoyed our delicious food, exciting entertainment and the genuine hospitality of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back for an even better stay in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was the third Sandals/Beaches vacation we have taken, but our first to a Beaches Resort. To be quite honest, I could not decide on which resort to visit with my husband, 8 year old boy and 9 year old girl so I let the kids pick... and Beaches Ocho Rios it was!

First off, I was a little scared about the drive from the airport because of the reviews I had read, but it wasn't that bad at all. The roads were okay and we just sat back and relaxed for the 2 hour drive. It couldn't have been that bad considering we had already flown 8 hours total and had a 4 hour layover. We were the only ones on the bus and the driver kept us entertained and informed. He was great.

Upon arrival we were quickly checked in as I had previously checked in online before we left home. We were taken to our room which was much bigger than I thought it would be. We were starving, since it was 10:30 at night and had a quick bite to eat at the BBQ Park then headed off to bed.

There is so much to do here for all ages. The entertainment crew, Kerri Lee, Jameylya, Monique and Orville kept us busy and having FUN! The kids liked taking part in the activities and we all made friends. The entertainment staff have a genuine love for their jobs and definitely made our vacation even better. The nightly game shows were a huge hit for us.

A huge shout out to Auntie Pat in the craft room, she is a true gem. Her love for children and her gift of creativity makes that room magical. The crafts were not included but I didn't expect them to be. Our daughter loved visiting the craft room and even our son made a bracelet or two ;-)

The food was great, we tried to eat at each and every restaurant and try everything. We loved Miguel, Ornando and the staff at the Creperie... well Amoy, my kids favorite, Sharian (the smoothie lady) and crew at Bayside were awesome.. actually they were all AWESOME! Every single one of them.

The water park was truly amazing. The life guards loved kids and we loved them! Thank you for helping to make that a safe area for our kids to play in. I think my husband and I may have had more fun there than the kids... it's a toss up.

The beach was clean, a little small but it wasn't crowded at all. It was well kept and the watersports were fun.

We did have one little hiccup with some noisy neighbours and a rather intoxicated man trying to get into our room the second night but thanks to the front desk, especially Anevia and her stellar customer service (thank you!) we were moved to a different part of the resort and were able to move on with the rest of our vacation and put that little blip on our fun radar behind us. Rupert at the Soon Come Back desk was a real genuine and was a pleasure to talk with each day.

We left this resort truly happy and our hearts were full with all of the love and friendships we built with the staff and other wonderful families staying at the resort. Our son is rather quiet and takes a long time to build relationships. It warmed my heart the last day when he requested to stop and say good-bye to his favourite employees. We left with happy memories, full bellies, big hearts and great tans <3 Thank you Beaches Ocho Rios for the memories. Your resort is a true testament to what Sandals Resorts strive for... we were treated better than kings and queens.... we were treated like family. Thank you.

1  Thank AmienSean

We're so thrilled to read of your incredible stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. We're even more excited to hear that you were so impressed with our level of service. We always strive to uphold the highest levels of service and quality and we appreciate you taking notice. Thank you for your review.

We look forward to seeing you back in the near future!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We just returned from a wedding at Beaches Ocho Rios. We had an amazing time. The people were so friendly and very accommodating. The bus ride from the airport is 2 hours but it is worth the ride.

When we arrived, we were welcomed with a few drinks and had a brief orientation of the hotel and grounds. We checked in and went straight to the pool. This was the off-season so there were just enough people around to make it comfortable.

I can not emphasize how great the staff was. If you do not have good people, it will ruin your vacation. The staff at beaches MADE our vacation. They were always there to lend a helping hand or lead us in the right direction. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable even when it was not there job to do so. I will never forget them. Shout out to Cleveland at the piano bar!

The pool was comfortable and they even had a waterpark for the kids. There were numerous water sports activities including snorkeling, riding in a glass bottom boat, paddleboarding and scuba diving.

I am a certified diver and took advantage of the free diving offered through the resort. Special thanks to the team at the dive shop including Judy, Prince and Donald!! They made sure I had a great time. Prince was a great dive instructor and I saw some of the biggest sea turtles!

I will be returning to this resort. The food was amazing and the staff was even better. RESPECT!

Room Tip: There are a few roosters near rooms 1235. If you don't mind waking up at sunrise, then those roo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

We're so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. It's a pleasure to see that our staff was able to showcase the true hospitality for which we are known and make quite an impression during your stay. Thank you for your review.

We hope to see you back again very soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a great vacation with our three kids (8,6,and 4) at beaches. After a 20 hour trip we arrived at around 9.30 PM. There was unfortunately nobody who welcomed us so we took all our luggage to the front desk ourselves. The check-in was done quickly as there were no lines at night.

The breakfast buffet was great, as were lunch and dinner. It was great to teach our kids how to act in a nice restaurant like Elenor's. I loved the shrimp starters, the lobster and lamb chops.

As our kids don't speak English the kidsclub was not their thing. Especially because the age groups are split and our kids couldn't stay together. On the other hand there was lots to do for them, we even went snorkeling with the oldest one. The kids loved the Sesame characters and shows, that is a great plus of the resort.

I really enjoyed the Hobie Cat and the kids loved the slides and the banana boat rides. We went golfing 2,5 times, one time there was a competition nobody informed us about so we couldn’t play. Fortunately the manager offered us lessons instead so the trip to the course was not a waste. The golfing was nice, I prefer the courses in Montego Bay but we enjoyed it!

What we didn’t like was the attitude of the front desk, every magazine of Sandals resorts mentions going the extra mile, well that mile has still to be introduced at the front desk! Especially Clinton doesn’t know how a smile can work wonders. On top of that the taxi rides are exceptionally expensive and no alternative was offered by the concierge that should be changed!

We really enjoyed our vacation so we will return in the future.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the family room which sleeps up to 5!
1  Thank Dutchy911

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Our service has been the highlight of many reviews on TripAdvisor, which leaves us quite disappointed that your experience was not indicative of the norm. For this, we apologize. We want to make sure future guests do not have similar feedback and will take action by notifying the appropriate departments of your remarks as well as our General Manager. Thank you once again for your review. We hope to see you again in the future for a stay that exceeds your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Moon Palace Jamaica
Moon Palace Jamaica
#7 of 35 in Ocho Rios
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!