“Wonderful Wedding and Family Vacation Getaway. Awesome Staff!!”

and 1 more site!
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
New Albin,IA, United States
“Wonderful Wedding and Family Vacation Getaway. Awesome Staff!!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed from Nov 16 to Nov 22. First, I would like to thank the following staff members for making our Wedding Day and Family Vacation Week a great success. Michelle our Wedding Planner was with us every step of the way to ensure we had the best day ever. Dameon (Pepper) working in the Watersports area is a great asset to the Beaches Resort when it comes to delivering the customers a most memorable vacation. Dameon was very helpful in taking care of our family members for having a very fun time on all the water activities. Ruppert (Concierge) made our vacation as enjoyable as possible by making sure with every time we passed through the lobby to ask if we needed anything. Navedine, Wow! What can I say other than OUTSTANDING! Navedine was our go to person for our Rehearsal and Wedding Dinners. Navedine and her staff did an outstanding job from beginning to end to ensure that everyone received top class service. Thank you to Rayon for keeping our fridge stocked and a big thank you to Kemoya in Housekeeping for keeping our rooms in tip top shape through out our stay. Last but not least, a thank you to the Beachfront bar crew....Nike, Shadae and Shaneak for providing great service to us and our family for our stay. When stung by a bee money is to come your way.....we will wait and see, thanks for everything.

Overall this is a great resort for Couples and Families. Plenty of enjoyable activities to take part in and plenty of time to just relax. Very relaxing stay and never once felt hurried as you do when back in the states on a vacation. Great food, great drinks, great rooms. I have nothing bad to say about this place, we had nothing but a great time. The only down side was having to leave the 85 degree weather and get off of the plane in MSP to start enjoying the 12 degree weather. We enjoyed this place soooooo much, that we have booked for the same week next year to celebrate our 1 year Anniversary. Thanks again to Beaches Ocho Rios and their staff for making this a great vacation.

Jerry, Sue and Noah (Jr. Skipper)
Iowa

Room Tip: Try to get a room by the beach. It was great to walk out of the room onto the deck in the morning or...
1 Thank Jerry A
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Beaches Ocho Rios! It was truly an honor to share such a special occasion with you and we're so glad that your stay and wedding were both marvelous experiences. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your entire vacation and that your trip was such a memorable one.

We can't wait to see you back again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (924)
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was the first resort vacation for our family, we were there for 4 nights and 5 days on the Caribbean Luxury Family Sized Suite with double bed room, The rooms were very spacy and comfortable. It also had an additional bedding facility in the sofa, that could be turned into bed. The Check in process was quick and amazing, as our room was not ready when we checked in, they took us for the lunch and gave us a guided tour of the facility. We being vegetarian, the chef from the kitchen came out and asked us what we like and prepared us a wonderful dish in 10 minutes, and every day during our lunch and dinner, they went out of the way to provide us with good authentic vegetarian food. The pool and the kids slide pools were excellently maintained with life guards at every place and I also noticed them also having fun with kids, sliding down with them, encouraging them and giving them tips. My son made a rapport with one of the life guard and while we were leaving went all the way back to the pool to wave him. The bars were all well stocked and the bar tender were not shying away from providing good cocktails. I would surely visit them again. They sure had good entertainment and points system for contests.
One negative I found in the resort was that people were smoking everywhere, they did not have designated smoking place, This really bothered me as there were kids everywhere and people smoking near pool and in the beach.

Great place to go again!!!!

Room Tip: Caribbean Luxury Family Sized Suite on the left side of the resort are calmer and closer to all reso...
3 Thank AvidCamper2013
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of Beaches Ocho Rios. We're so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing experience with us. It's great to know that you enjoyed our delicious food, exciting entertainment and the genuine hospitality of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back for an even better stay in the future.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was the third Sandals/Beaches vacation we have taken, but our first to a Beaches Resort. To be quite honest, I could not decide on which resort to visit with my husband, 8 year old boy and 9 year old girl so I let the kids pick... and Beaches Ocho Rios it was!

First off, I was a little scared about the drive from the airport because of the reviews I had read, but it wasn't that bad at all. The roads were okay and we just sat back and relaxed for the 2 hour drive. It couldn't have been that bad considering we had already flown 8 hours total and had a 4 hour layover. We were the only ones on the bus and the driver kept us entertained and informed. He was great.

Upon arrival we were quickly checked in as I had previously checked in online before we left home. We were taken to our room which was much bigger than I thought it would be. We were starving, since it was 10:30 at night and had a quick bite to eat at the BBQ Park then headed off to bed.

There is so much to do here for all ages. The entertainment crew, Kerri Lee, Jameylya, Monique and Orville kept us busy and having FUN! The kids liked taking part in the activities and we all made friends. The entertainment staff have a genuine love for their jobs and definitely made our vacation even better. The nightly game shows were a huge hit for us.

A huge shout out to Auntie Pat in the craft room, she is a true gem. Her love for children and her gift of creativity makes that room magical. The crafts were not included but I didn't expect them to be. Our daughter loved visiting the craft room and even our son made a bracelet or two ;-)

The food was great, we tried to eat at each and every restaurant and try everything. We loved Miguel, Ornando and the staff at the Creperie... well Amoy, my kids favorite, Sharian (the smoothie lady) and crew at Bayside were awesome.. actually they were all AWESOME! Every single one of them.

The water park was truly amazing. The life guards loved kids and we loved them! Thank you for helping to make that a safe area for our kids to play in. I think my husband and I may have had more fun there than the kids... it's a toss up.

The beach was clean, a little small but it wasn't crowded at all. It was well kept and the watersports were fun.

We did have one little hiccup with some noisy neighbours and a rather intoxicated man trying to get into our room the second night but thanks to the front desk, especially Anevia and her stellar customer service (thank you!) we were moved to a different part of the resort and were able to move on with the rest of our vacation and put that little blip on our fun radar behind us. Rupert at the Soon Come Back desk was a real genuine and was a pleasure to talk with each day.

We left this resort truly happy and our hearts were full with all of the love and friendships we built with the staff and other wonderful families staying at the resort. Our son is rather quiet and takes a long time to build relationships. It warmed my heart the last day when he requested to stop and say good-bye to his favourite employees. We left with happy memories, full bellies, big hearts and great tans <3 Thank you Beaches Ocho Rios for the memories. Your resort is a true testament to what Sandals Resorts strive for... we were treated better than kings and queens.... we were treated like family. Thank you.

1 Thank AmienSean
We're so thrilled to read of your incredible stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. We're even more excited to hear that you were so impressed with our level of service. We always strive to uphold the highest levels of service and quality and we appreciate you taking notice. Thank you for your review.

We look forward to seeing you back in the near future!
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We just returned from a wedding at Beaches Ocho Rios. We had an amazing time. The people were so friendly and very accommodating. The bus ride from the airport is 2 hours but it is worth the ride.

When we arrived, we were welcomed with a few drinks and had a brief orientation of the hotel and grounds. We checked in and went straight to the pool. This was the off-season so there were just enough people around to make it comfortable.

I can not emphasize how great the staff was. If you do not have good people, it will ruin your vacation. The staff at beaches MADE our vacation. They were always there to lend a helping hand or lead us in the right direction. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable even when it was not there job to do so. I will never forget them. Shout out to Cleveland at the piano bar!

The pool was comfortable and they even had a waterpark for the kids. There were numerous water sports activities including snorkeling, riding in a glass bottom boat, paddleboarding and scuba diving.

I am a certified diver and took advantage of the free diving offered through the resort. Special thanks to the team at the dive shop including Judy, Prince and Donald!! They made sure I had a great time. Prince was a great dive instructor and I saw some of the biggest sea turtles!

I will be returning to this resort. The food was amazing and the staff was even better. RESPECT!

Room Tip: There are a few roosters near rooms 1235. If you don't mind waking up at sunrise, then those roo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
We're so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. It's a pleasure to see that our staff was able to showcase the true hospitality for which we are known and make quite an impression during your stay. Thank you for your review.

We hope to see you back again very soon!
the Netherlands
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a great vacation with our three kids (8,6,and 4) at beaches. After a 20 hour trip we arrived at around 9.30 PM. There was unfortunately nobody who welcomed us so we took all our luggage to the front desk ourselves. The check-in was done quickly as there were no lines at night.

The breakfast buffet was great, as were lunch and dinner. It was great to teach our kids how to act in a nice restaurant like Elenor's. I loved the shrimp starters, the lobster and lamb chops.

As our kids don't speak English the kidsclub was not their thing. Especially because the age groups are split and our kids couldn't stay together. On the other hand there was lots to do for them, we even went snorkeling with the oldest one. The kids loved the Sesame characters and shows, that is a great plus of the resort.

I really enjoyed the Hobie Cat and the kids loved the slides and the banana boat rides. We went golfing 2,5 times, one time there was a competition nobody informed us about so we couldn’t play. Fortunately the manager offered us lessons instead so the trip to the course was not a waste. The golfing was nice, I prefer the courses in Montego Bay but we enjoyed it!

What we didn’t like was the attitude of the front desk, every magazine of Sandals resorts mentions going the extra mile, well that mile has still to be introduced at the front desk! Especially Clinton doesn’t know how a smile can work wonders. On top of that the taxi rides are exceptionally expensive and no alternative was offered by the concierge that should be changed!

We really enjoyed our vacation so we will return in the future.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the family room which sleeps up to 5!
1 Thank Dutchy911
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Our service has been the highlight of many reviews on TripAdvisor, which leaves us quite disappointed that your experience was not indicative of the norm. For this, we apologize. We want to make sure future guests do not have similar feedback and will take action by notifying the appropriate departments of your remarks as well as our General Manager. Thank you once again for your review. We hope to see you again in the future for a stay that exceeds your expectations.
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed November 17, 2013

On my trip to Beaches, Boscobel in October 2013 I left feeling like they existed to cater to my comfort and so I jumped at the oppportunity to visit the following month (November 2013)!

5 names stand out to me with ease along with the smiles which accompany the name tags:
Recordo, Kamese, Taneshia (those team members ensure I am received with a warm welcome). I have no choice but to start unloading the stresses and cares of my life as I enter the foyer area. And get this: THEY REMEMBER ME!!
"Back so soon?" I am asked by Kamese with that stunning smile that told me she was genuinely happy to see me again. I get a hug and she promptly starts to look to my check in so that relaxation can begin.
Recordo sees me the afternoon and again that smile: "Welcome back!!" And proceeds to enquire about my stay and whether I needed anything (and I was just walking by). What service!
Tanesha is a gem. She is bubbly and sweet and the kids were happy to have her talk to them and the adults are at ease in her presence.

Juanita and Vivian (those team members serve me in the main dining area).
Juanita is very vocal and once she is in your area you are going to know it. A livewire who is often observed to make the overseas guests especially experience a real bite of our local culture of hospitality. (I am from Kingston, Jamaica)
Vivian is not only a handsome and charismatic young man (which is always good for business) but he sure knows his omelets! He makes mine and finds me in the dining area if he can spare a moment from the great demand at his station and he is a tremendous hit with the kids.

The staff is just awesome. The property is lovely and aesthetic and sterile, but the human element... now that stands out. I love it here; and like Arnold Swarzenegger said in The Terminator:

"I will be back!"

1 Thank Sheena K
Thank you for your wonderful review of Beaches Ocho Rios. We're so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing experience with us again. It's great to know that the genuine hospitality of our staff played a big role in making your second stay so enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back for an even better stay in the future.
Germantown, Maryland, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We just got back from a terrific week at beaches . We went for my daughter's wedding and it was spectacular! Thanks to Michelle her wedding planner for making such a beautiful and memorable day ! My husband and I stayed on thru the end of the week and had a very relaxing stay. Our room was perfect just like the photos food was excellent and many thanks to Cinderella at the bayside terrific and beyond friendly service ! The staff and service was wonderful ! Would definitely go back again ,thank you Beaches <3

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
We're so happy that we were able to offer you and your husband a wonderful and relaxing stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. We're also pleased to know that your daughter had a beautiful, worry-free wedding at our resort. Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to you all visiting with us again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
#2 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,020 reviews
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Moon Palace Jamaica Grande

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!