This was our second trip to Jamaica, but this time we brought the kids.(April 2004). I read these reviews after our return and I just don't understand some of the negative reviews. I think if you take all reviews and look at the percentage of the negatives it will tell you something. I'm not saying that some of these people didn't encounter some problems with their vacation, but I think you have to take things differently in Jamaica. For starters, I think some people should leave their "better than you" attitude at the airport in the U.S. I think for the most part we are used to the hustle and bustle of our lifestyle and we should remember that we are the guests of these people, and didn't we chose to vacation to escape all that? One word to keep in mind, "PATIENCE!" I think overall, our stay at Beaches Boscobel was fantastic! Granted there could be some improvements in areas, but I think that is with any business! I'll just highlight on some of them.
If any of these things will truly piss you off, I would suggest another country to vacation in or perhaps another hotel. Our room lighting was not the best, pretty dark. Pool lounge chairs were reserved most of the time. Sometimes you had to wait a bit at the pool bar for a drink.
Sometimes you had to wait for place setting to arrive at your table at the buffet. Scuba and snorkeling book up pretty fast. Rooms were not made up until the afternoons most of the time. Now I will tell you how to adjust to some of these "minor" problems. Get up earlier to reserve a pool chair, the other bar is just across the pool next to the stage and is no where as busy, establish a rapport with your bartender and be friendly and always say "thank you" including their name. Your service at the bar tends to get better the longer you have been there due to their recognition of you. Lastly, be down at the watersports area about 15 minutes before they open. As long as your room is made up before you go back to bed, is this really an issue? After all you should be outside most of the day anyway. Right? Aside from those minor problems this place was great. I, as well as my wife and children had a blast!
Most of the hotel employees were top notch, and were a pleasure to be around. Ralston and Delroy at the pool bar, Garfield at the front desk, and Patricia at Arts and Crafts, and Marvin at the Arizona restaurant are just but a few to mention!!! The food at the buffet was a nice variety during lunch and dinner and of good quality. Breakfast at the buffet was pretty good, but got a little old after 7 days, but I'm not a huge breakfast fan and really, how many different things can you have for breakfast? Peter, the man making the omelettes was super though! We would definately return to this resort as we had a very memorable vacation and can you really put a price on the kids fond memories of their vacation in Jamaica Mon? I hope this helps someone to decide to go to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios