Sorry this is soooo overdue!
We went to Beaches in April of 2003, when my kids were 2 1/2 and 10 months. The baby slept most of the morning comfortably in the Babysitting room and fell in love with every staff person there. This was a child who, prior to this trip was terrified of anyone not an immediate family member, including her own grandparents!!!!
Robert, our favorite funpal, was smitten with our little girl and took her off our hands often, dancing with her and playing with her while her daddy and I played pool volleyball and enjoyed an afternoon drink.
He even taught her how to dance (so well, she won the Island Princess title!!!). Our son was thrilled to spend his mornings at the PlayCenter with Dorothea and Cleopatro, enjoying eating to his heart's content of french fries one day when they took him to lunch at the BBQ pit. He played in the sand, made wonderful artwork for us and enjoyed meeting other kids his age.
We took advantage of the Nanny service on 2 nights so we could have a quiet meal and both children were safely tucked in bed by the time we returned, happy and content. I've always been leary of leaving the kids with anyone other than family members, but here, it wasn't even a concern. Everyone was totally friendly, helpful, warm, inviting, accomodating, and great with our kids.
When my hubby twisted his ankle on our 2nd day there (BUMMER!) they couldnt' have been more concerned and often helped him around if needed, which he really didn't!
The beach is small, but has plenty of shade and was great for swimming and fun.
The SCUBA staff was exceptionally accomodating - Zia was not only a great teacher, but very helpful in many ways...
The food was plentiful, good and fresh. The italian restaurant was our favorite and the staff was always warm and friendly. Do try the restaurant overlooking the ocean for a great al fresco meal!
Our only snafu was in the room accomodation we were first given - we had booked the rooms with the separate (by a step) bedroom with pullout bed, but didn't get that at first. They were very helpful and within 1 hour ("go, unpack your swimsuits, relax and enjoy, we'll take care of it!!") we had a great room!
If we didn't always like to go new places and try new things, we would go back to Beaches Boscobel again and again and again! We'll definitely do another Beaches resort the next family vacation we take.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Unique Vacations Inc, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios