“Great Family Vacation”

Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were there for Spring Break and it was awesome, plently of activites for the whole family, the staff and Beaches are amazing, everyone was so friendly and accommodating to our needs. We will definitly book another Beaches vacation.

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the ice machine!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were there May 1st - May 8 and had an amazing time. We were a group of 19 traveling from California for this family reunion vacation. There were 10 adults and 9 kids (ages 3-15). I believe it was a perfect time to be there because it was not high season. There was no waiting for any of the restaurants, beach chairs, service, etc....
This place has better customer service than disney resorts. They seemed genuinely friendly and accommodating. One of the persons in our group is handicapped and I would probably not recommend this resort as not everything is wheel-chair accessed-BUT they went out of their way to make sure that our handicapped guest was able to go everywhere on the premises.
Every single one of the kids enjoyed the kids camp and teen programs. The sesame street characters were a huge plus for the kids. Water-sports were great. There was excellent entertainment for the entire family every night by the pool. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I visited Beaches Boscobel in April 2011 with my husband and two sons ages 2 and almost one.
We had an amazing time!!
As a Travel Agent I had booked the resort for clients several times and had vacationed at Beaches Negril and can honestly say that Beaches Boscobel exceeded my expectations.
The resort is bulit basically right on the beach. The views are amazing. It is well worth the money to upgrade to a Concierge Suite 1. You receive fantastic service from your Concierge Team and 2. Your Suite is right on the water's edge. The view we had reminded me of a cruise ship balcony...nothing but water!
The Resort is 90 minutes from the airport, but the transfer is smooth and worth it.
The staff at Beaches as I expected were amazing. Club Sesame was enjoyed by both my littles and the food and drink were fantastic. We booked an in room nanny one evening to have a candle light dinner on the beach and I very pleased with the service.
If you have any questions about the resort please feel free to contact me!
Also you can check out my blog at www.sunnymommytravels.com for more reviews

Room Tip: Beachfront or Oceanfront Concierge Suite offers the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CAITLINLAJEUNESSE
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a great time at Beaches, Ocho Rios. There are plenty of activities for the kids to do. Gregory was the best! My kids loved him & so did we! He took us out to experience every water sport beaches offered. He even bought my kids a little gift to take home! Food choices were great. Restaurants were open aired and great to sit and see the blue water! You have to take the Cool Runnings catameran ride to Dunn's River falls. The catameran was FUN! Dancing, snorkeling & great food! They even had a water slide for the kids to slide down while we were snorkeling. Can't wait to go next year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

We're so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. It's good to hread that you and your family enjoyed the delicious food, the great water sports and the exciting catamaran tour. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to Gregory. He will be glad to see how much of an impact he made during your stay.

Thank you for your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Cassie C.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Beaches Ocho Rios Resort and Golf Club is a must see vacation area for friends and family. This all Inclusive resort has everything a vacationer wants and needs. Its a great destination for an island getaway in Jamaica. The Beaches staff is spectacular. Especially the entertainment staff. In particular, Renex T. and Ash were great! Renex T. was awesome and professional while engaging with all of the children and adults at the resort! He kindly took the children on scavenger hunts which enabled parents to snorkel and get some "me" time in away from the kids. They really enjoyed all of the other playful activities he planned for them throughout the day which proved to be most helpful. The children adored him! However Ash was just as helpful and instrumental with keeping me engaged and entertained as a guest. Then there was Justin in the concierge department. Justin was very professional taking care of every need or question I had. Overall Sandals/Beaches need more employees like Renex T., Ash and Justine as they made my vacation experience unforgettable. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are most enjoyable and spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

While Beaches and Sandals are defined a luxury resorts, don't expect it at this one.
The food is very fair, the beach is very small. Accomodations are lovely, though vary greatly from one part of the resort to the next. All families seemed happy and to be enjoying themselves as there was a long list of fun and activities for the kids. Service is good, folks are friendly.
Be ready for a long ride from MBJ airport as its about 2hrs, though a lovely ride, just tiring after a long flight.
While not heaven on earth, this is a fine place for a family vacation.

Room Tip: The ocean front concierge suites are lovely. Nice big tub, VERY comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

So I have read the reviews prior to posting this and I am shocked. I suppose some people just cant be made happy, no matter what opportunity is in front of them.

I will start my review right from the airport. We stayed here from April 29-May 6. We pre-booked a private transfer through Beaches. It is a nicer, cleaner, and very welcoming van that takes your family and luggage from the airport to the resort and back again. While everyone else was boarding very hot and cramped 15 passenger vans, we were swept away in a private van with tv access, greeted by cold beer, wines, and waters as well as small sandwiches. We have two small children (almost 2 1/2 and 8 months) and this BY FAR was the most comfortable way to travel to the resort and an excellent splurge by us, considering it is a long ride there. Our driver, Donald, was a great driver and very personable.

Once we arrived, they took our luggage right away, greeted us with ice cold rum punches and got us checked in. Our room was not ready yet so we went and had lunch at the BBQ restaurant. Upon returning back, we were pleased to find out they upgraded us to a concierge room. This was a big surprise and it was great!! the room had the best view, we watched weddings down on the beach, woke up to the beautiful ocean, and were very close to the elevator. The concierge room also allowed us to get hot water (my daughter is still taking bottles and eating cereal) and the room was nice. We did need two cribs so the room which was already a little small, cramped up on us but it was still ok. Now our concierge crew was hands down PHENOMINAL. First and foremost, Renne and Justin bent over backwards to make sure my kids were comfortable and happy. Renne would just pop in and watch the baby so we could get ready to head out and Justin was famous by the end of the trip for taking my son for icecream. They always stopped by to make sure we were good and never had a problem helping us out in any way. Alicia was also very helpful.

After we were settled, I had to check in with the wedding dept because we were renewing our vows. Michelle was wonderful. She took over the wedding planning and explained everything. Michelle was very friendly and knows how to handle her brides, even plain and simple ones like myself. I read on here that a bride felt pressured into buying decorations and options for her wedding... that couldnt be further from the truth on my end of things. I told her what i wanted, asked what other options there were and never felt compelled into doing anything I didnt plan on.

We soon started to explore the property. Ok, so we have stayed with Sandals a few times and this was our first trip to any Beaches. The properties are all built pretty much the same, as in the caribbean quality. This is no Ritz Carlton in NYC. Your in the caribbean. The weather alone takes a toll on the properties and up-keep can be difficult. With this being said, this resort was still nice! Im probably going to say this a few times, but we are those kind of people that make the best of our vacations. We dont complain about the small stuff... we enjoy being away from home and on vacation. A lot of these other posts seem like the people are so negative and the stuff they are complaining about is so minor. We always make the best of our vacations.

This resort does seem to be more for younger children, I'd say maybe 14 or so and under. There is the Xbox game room for the older kids, an arts and crafts room, air hockey table, and then the water park. But keep in mind the water park has 5 slides as you walk in that are for younger kids. Im sure the older ones can use them (we did) but they aren't all that cool. There are 3 slides towards the rear that younger kids arent allowed on. The two twisty ones are a little on the slow side and adults/older kids arent allowed to use tubes. But the red/green slide in the middle is AWESOME! Its a straight drop and really fun! Teens can also take advantage of the water sports which include snorkeling, a banana boat ride, water bikes, kayaks, wind sailing... all of which little ones can not do. They also have a lot of beach activities for families, which were fun and would entertain teens. The beach olympics was very entertaining, even just standing back and watching it was funny. They have bon fires, dancing, and activities at night that everyone can enjoy.

Now here's my one complaint. The food. It wasnt bad but it was repetitive. The BBQ place had the same food day in and day out. Bayside changed up their theme everyday but the breakfasts were pretty much all the same. Same omelettes, same sides, same fruits and juices. We had dinner at Eleanors which was the best food we had while we were there! Hands up to that chef! I had the garlic shrimp with a side of pasta... Top notch! We never did get to Neptune though. My son lived off of chicken nuggets and french fries the whole week and we survived on the pizza and nachos. But again, we made the best of it and enjoyed being away from home and not having to cook.

The beach was NOT dirty, contrary to one review I read. The beach crewed was constantly cleaning the beach and the seaweed and whatever else debris was brought in by MOTHER NATURE. This is the caribbean. Its nature. The crew did a great job making it clean and usable and that was NEVER a problem for us. Now speaking of the beach crew... Michael from watersports was amazing! He kept my son happy, brought him beach toys as soon as he seen us come down. He even dug in the beach tent for us because the slope was too much for my 8 month old, not once but twice. Donald from watersports was great too. He was a great boat driver and one funny man!

The bars are stocked with top shelf liquors. Some of their mixers are no brand name but they are mixers, what does that matter? I was drinking Appleton rum and Absolute vodka pretty much the whole week. There were many top shelf liquors there however the only beer on premises is Red Stripe. Go to the main bar down near Bayside and get a drink made by Charnel, Chain, Marsha, Shaun, or Zane. These bartenders made THE BEST drinks and were so much fun to hang out with and talk to. They made us feel comfortable and at home. We had some really good laughs with this bartenders and it was so nice to have that while we were kid free.

Speaking of kid free... Beaches offers what they call the kids club. Its a free service where you drop the kids off and can have quality time as a couple. Well, my babies are attached to me so it didnt go over so well. We decided to try the in-room nanny service. Its $10 usd an hour and it was a SUCCESS. Money well spent. The babies were happy to be in their room with their toys but our nanny helped that happen. We had Blusie. She was wonderful!! My kids can be a little rough to people they dont know but they liked her right off the bat. She was trustworthy, personable, happy and sooooo good to my kids. We actually cried the last day she was with my kids as we said good-bye.

You know I also read that in some cases the employees were the best part of this trip and I have to agree. Weve stayed in nicer places, with better views, better food, a lot more things to offer. But I have NEVER stayed in a placed that was so focused on my kids, their happiness and comfort. Everyone, quite literally, everyone knew my kids as we walked through the resort. I'd hear their names yelled from every direction. Some people posted that the employees didnt even know they were there but we made ourselves known but having conversations with the employees and treating them like the people that they are. We werent rude, we included them in our trip. Glad we did because they made our trip the best it could be. The managers helped us out with the kids (Acleish) and had long chats with us (Florian & Christopher) and ALL of the employees were good to us. Again, its the attitude you go on vacation with. We expect nothing from no one. We always have a good time. So thanks to Simone, Rupert, Suelan, Dyce and Fabian too for all the great customer service!!!

In a whole the employees made this place the best experience, hands down. But there is nothing wrong with the resort (the elevator could use some updating) but nothing that ruined our trip. The drive was rough and long to get to Beaches, the water park was great for my little ones, the food was good but same thing all the time, the nanny service was helpful, the room was nice and clean and we had a wonderful time. It was sad leaving, honestly. I can NOT WAIT to go back.

We also got a couples massage. It was very nice and relaxing. I do have to say dont bother taking a shower (ladies) in the spa's bathroom. The water pressure stopped after i had conditioner in and I couldnt wash it out. But again, minor.

Room Tip: Conceirge is well worth the extra money. They help schedule your activities, have small snacks and h...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank amylynne1224
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!