We spent the week of Feb.5 to Feb.12, 2013 at Beaches Ochio Rios. This was our first trip to Jamaica, and will not be our last. And we will definately be returning to this resort.
The staff was absolutely amazing here, and you were made to feel welcome and like family by everyone you met. A few I would like to thank for making our stay so memorable are Chloe, Renex and Ash from the kids club. Our teenagers had a great time hanging out with them. Gregory from the dive shop, who went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time. Whorms and Arron at the swim up bar, who kept the Red Stripe flowing, milkshakes for the kids and who remembered which slushy drinks I had tried and made sure to make me something new. Marsha at the beach bar, who always had a sunny smile. Camille and Kirkland from Neptune's Restaurant with their jokes and brain teaser questions for the kids. Christopher for fixing our safe in time for me to get our tickets for Mystic Mountain out so we didn't miss out on the tour. Karen from housekeeping. Suewayne from the photo shop did a great job at capturing our family photos as an extra reminder of our stay here. Every staff member we met had a hello and a smile, even the ones who were working on the renovations to the resort.
The food was wonderful, especially the variety at the Bayside buffet. And I highly recommend that if you stay here, be sure to go to Nepune's for the steak. It was wonderful!
The beach may not be big, but it is well kept, and raked several times a day. The water bikes, sailboats, snorkeling and scuba were a huge hit with our teenagers. We had ocean front rooms, on the second floor, and the view from there is wonderful, and worth the money. They had a large terrace with a lounge chair, wicker chairs and a table.
The delivery of the Sunny Times to your room daily allows you to know what special events and daily programs are going on and what time and location to find them. There is always something to do for people of all ages. And there is nightly entertainment. The Sesame Street stage show is a hit with everyone, including the adults. Even our teenagers enjoyed it, and had to have their pictures taken with the characters.
Our room included conceirge service, which was great for booking our off resort trips. They even managed to get us discounts that we may not have gotten if we had tried to venture off resort on our own.
Everyone enjoyed the massages on the beaches, and my daughter and I enjoyed pedicures and cookies at the spa.
All in all, our family had an amazing and memorable trip to Jamaica, and we couldn't have picked a better resort to stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios