Hands down the best family vacation we had ever. Everyone was ultra friendly. We spent most of our time at the beach and doing scuba diving. It seems that most people stay at the pool (with the bar) instead of the beach. I don't understand why you have to come to Jamaica to stay at the pool eating and drinking when you can do that on the beach but hey...
The beach waiters were incredibly nice, engaging and regularly made sure you were having the best time. Ramone, Shadae and Sunjay were particularly nice everytime we saw them.
My wife and kids got PADI-certified during that time (I was already) and the dive shop staff was just simply incredible. They were very professional as PADI instructors should be, and went out of their way to make it the best vacation we could have ever hoped for. We went at the beach every day to dive and had a wonderful time with all of them, even well after the dives were done. Marvin, Teran, Claude, Otoi, and Prince (instructors) were incredibly nice and we enjoyed all our days in their company. Teran became the big brother for my 3 kids and spent numerous hours (overtime) to ensure my kids got their certification. We loved spending time with us after hours on several occasions and learn to know them better. These guys were the cream of the cream when it comes to making us feel great! I hope they will all be there again when we come back to this resort, which we will likely do.
Dashaun and Donald, the dive boat "captains", were also amazing with our kids and always took care of us during these wonderful 2 weeks. From day one, Gregory, from the water sport department introduced himself and we talked almost everyday. He also made sure we had the best vacation possible everytime we saw him.
In the Water sports department, Judy was from day one as charming and nice as anyone could have been. She made sure we had everything we wanted at all time. We had a great time discussing daily with her about life in Jamaica, and learned about this wonderful country. We look forward to see her and all the water sports staff again, really, they were the ones that made our vacation unique!
We mostly spent all our time with the scuba diving and water sports staff and Patrick, the manager, can be proud of having such a dedicated and nice staff. If you go to this resort, you shouldn't avoid meeting, talking and spending a lots of time with all these people; they are wonderful and without them, I am sure we wouldn't have spent such a nice vacation. Please people, be nice to all of them. We saw many "guests" that were rude with them but at no time did the staff showed any kind of frustration. They always tried to be accommodating.
Now on the facilities. The room (Mega Suite) we had was great and we have 3 beds and one sofa, and a nice balcony. During the summer, it appears that they renovate the resort, so there was a little noise in some of the beach front area, but we couldn't hear that at all from our room.
Please inquire about this before you reserve the room. I can understand this would be a problem for some rooms.
The food and drinks were very very good. We stayed 2 weeks so after a week, we saw the same themes again, but rarely the same meals. Here again, the staff were amazing and helpful.
Friday's Sea Food nights at the buffet were the best of all themes.
Overall, wonderful time, and thank you to all the wonderful staff!!! We WILL come back there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios