“Great Family Trip!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Woodbridge, NJ
“Great Family Trip!”
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I had such a great time at Beaches Boscobel! I gotta tell you, this whole Sesame Street thing is soooo much fun! My daughter had a blast. The Parade, the talent show, the limbo with the characters, the pool slide, my daughter was on stage so much having a blast. Its the best seeing your kids enjoy themselves. I want to try the other Beaches resort in Turks & Caicos. The resort itself is about a 3-3 1/2 stars so you won't see luxury BUT the staff was wonderful. The food was very good, so much better than the majority of all inclusives I've experienced. I would recommend this resort to any family who wants to spend special time together.

• Liked — The activities, food
  • Disliked — The resort is a bit dated.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank Jewel21Dance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (917)
CALIFORNIA
Reviewed October 5, 2007

My sons and I had the most wonderful vacation ever. My sons are 27 and 24 years old, and we were all like "little" kids with all the wonderful things that were going on at Beaches Boscobel.

The entertainment and the shopping opportunities at the resort when local "vendors" came on site, and we could purchase wonderful Jamaica gilts to bring home to California made the vacation simply great. The pool, swim up bar, beach, water slides were places that we hung out at during the day. There was so much to do, we couldn't get bored. The hardest decison we had to make all day was, should we "float in the pool" or relax at the swim up bar and those Pina Colado's were out of this world, I wish I had one right now.

The staff were just amazing- and the tour that we booked through the resort was wonderful - Dunn River Falls and the safari jeep ride were so much fun, and our tour guide "Gary" was someone we will always remember, we learned so much about Jamacia.

At the resort we especially enjoyed the following staff that helped to make our stay one we will never forget:

Geoffrey - our favorate bartender
Talia Edwards at the Ventian
Camille Williams - Bayside

I would especially like to acknowledge Dominique ([--]) who really helped us put this trip together - we got the exact room that we wanted and it had the most amazing view. She was always so very patient with all of us, answering each and every question that we had. This was a very "big vacation for my sons and I, we had never planned such a big trip before and thanks to Dominique and Beaches Boscobel, "we had the time of our lives"!!!!

We hope that you will acknowledge them in some way, we have been on many vacations but never treated so wonderfully - we were actually very sad when it was time to leave.

• Liked — THE LOCATON, STAFF, ACTIVITIES, AMAZING THINGS TO DO!
  • Disliked — THE
12 Thank DOMINOCalifornia
Kramer, North Dakota
Reviewed October 2, 2007

As a former travel agent & former employee of a travel wholesale company,I sold the sandals & beaches line for many years. Sandals/Beaches would come to our company & promote their line of resorts.I had faith in their product & told my sister about two resorts for her wedding down in Jamaicia. The two I pitched to her where Beaches Negril & Beaches Boscobel. The travel agent told her Beaches Negril was being refurbished, so Boscobel it was.Her husband to be had a 6yr old & other family & friends were bringing kids as well.I knew that Boscobel was built on a hill,trucks would be going bye using their brakes which would create noise,but hey, don't all trucks make noise when used?The travel agent told us the resort was full,much to our surprise in talking w/the general manager it was 30% full.WE WERE NOT HAPPY W/THE TRAVEL WHO BOOKED THE PACKAGE!! (& no it was not me who made the travel arrangements!!!) Yes the road to Ocho Rios is fun & adventurous,
& is getting better! Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by Elmo. Interesting enough, Seasme Street & Beaches has a contract just to use the costums & names,etc for the resort as a promotion for the kids.If you have a problems w/the characters at the resort,don't go writing to Seasme Street,THEY WON'T DO ANYTHING!!! The rooms were nice,the bedspreads need updating,the fridges were stocked everyday.The bartenders were AWESOME. All you have to do is chatt w/them & use their name in a conversation & they will know your name & remember what you drink. As what their speciality drink is? Nobody was rude to us.The pool was clean, the pool chairs were clean. The bacaradi drink machines were clean & their were plenty of drink cups, straws. There were garbages(the dolphins)nearby,hey & we even got to take pictures of the Seasme Street characters w/my nephew. The beach crew was awesome & loved us! The hobie cat sailboats do need new battens & sails,& new lines.We did put that on our comment cards.We did play pool, the tables do need to be reconditioned,but being in the humiditiy 24/7/365 does take a toll on the felt & wood of the table.The table does need new pockets & shanks,which was also noted on the comment cards.For the size of the resort,people comment on the size of the beach,but how can you make it bigger?Has anybody taken their comments to management? I had asked about the fountain up on the roof & it was not working & had leaked water.Thus my sister got married on the gazebo overlooking the ocean,which was much better since there was a gentle breeze.Numerous times Chef Alex found our wedding party to see how our meals were at all the eating establishments.Which were wonderful! All our servers where polite,curtious even if they were in training. Did you know if one person does not show up for work,there are a lot more people ready to take that person's place? Tourism is the #1 industry on the island!!So put yourself in these peoples shoes,part of their paycheck goes back to the U.S. to pay for the taxes to run the Beaches/Sandals reservations center in Florida. Bet you didn't know that fact!!

• Liked — beach,sun,fun,rum
  • Disliked — i am not a kid person,so there were lots of kids.but it was my younger sisters wedding.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank jennifer i
illinois
Reviewed September 28, 2007

The personal service you get at this resort is above the rest... The staff is wonderful. The food is great... Everyone goes out of there way to take care of any need you may have...

I have stayed at numerous places in the islands and this is by far the best...

Stayed September 2007
3 Thank bossmann_1999
england
Reviewed September 27, 2007

This is my 3rd visit this year to beaches boscobel, and everytime its gets better, the restaurants the standards of the rooms and the cleanliness & efficiency of the hotel & its staff are just 110%.

I would highly recommend the beachfront concierge rooms-very spacious-with own decking area with sunbeds over looking the beach-and of course the services of concierge should u need anything arranging.

The staff really make this hotel-all hard working, very friednly--and its not for tips either as they are not allowed to accept tips as it is an ultra all inclusive resort--it is purely for the love of their job & the guests.

Hope you enjoy it!
x

4 Thank tiffany_constanti
New York
Reviewed September 22, 2007

We just returned from a week at Beaches Bascobel. It was a great experience! My husband and I traveled with our daughter, age four, and our son, age two. Our first taste of Beaches was at the front entrance of the resort. We had just stepped from the van after a two hour drive from Montego Bay and we were greeted with warm smiles, hugs, and a glass of rum punch for the adults and fruit punch for the kids!!

While we were checking in, a mascot-sized Zoe marched through the lobby. The children were mesmerized! She took them by the hands and led them out of the lobby and down to the pool-side where the stage is. She did some dancing and singing and they joined right in. They were in awe.

Our room was very nice. This resort might not be as fancy as some of the other ones, but the service is excellent and our room was spacious and well-maintained throughout our stay. Our family drinks soy milk and the resort provided that for us. Each time the carton got near empty, a new one was placed in our in-room refrigerator without a request from us. They were very attentive to our needs. Our refrigerator was stocked with water, juice, and soda daily and that was all included.

The children went to Kids Camp daily for varying amounts of time. They enjoyed the care-givers, the activities (which often included the Sesame characters), and the other children. We enjoyed eating a meal together, the swim up bar, and the chance to reconnect. We did use the after-hours child care two times and found our "nanny" , Maxine, to be warm and loving and very dependable.

This trip was worth every penny. I recommend this resort. It's small - four restaurants and a smallish beach, but we liked the size. The new water slides should be opening soon. Have fun!

• Liked — The size made it very manageable with two young children.
  • Disliked — The beach is small and the water was sort of murky because of use.
6 Thank jdlskier
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed September 20, 2007

When the lady escorted us to the OceanView room, we arrived to 4 plates of food and glasses sitting outside our door with bugs crawling all over it. My wife responded to the lady, "thats nice" and she did not respond. We assumed that it would get taken care of but she left it. When the bell hop brought our bags 1 hour later, we asked him if he could move it, and he said yeah mon, he moved it across the hall in front of the elevator where it remained until the next day.
On Day Two We took our daughter to the pool to go swimming. We got in and were swimming around with our 17 month old daughter, and the Water sports guy "Ned" began yelling at us to get out of the pool (this was 10:00 a.m.). I told him that I I ddin't know we weren't allowed in the pool and he said, "I'm trying to clean the bugs out of the pool get out now!" I told him that I didn't see a sign, and he stated "I don't need a sign, you can see no one else is in the damn pool!!!!!!" We yelled back and forth for a couple of minutes but we left with my daughter crying and upset because she had to get out of the pool and we got yelled at.
The first 4 days continued to be rough. while the weather was beautiful, the attitudes of the staff made us feel as though they would rather us not even be there. Some staff were nice, 2/3 thirds of them snarled at you when you spoke to them, including one woman that took care of our child that gave us mean evil stares when we talked to her, and never responded to anything we asked. We told the manager about this at the SSG luncheon, and the attitudes changed somewhat, but that was a day and half before we left. We asked some of the workers if we had done something to offend them in any way, and they told us that the staff were unhappy because they got paid less when the resort had fewer guests. They said they didn't get laid off, but got less pay based on occupancy.

• Liked — The Weather, the view, and the Manager was nice.
  • Disliked — Overall, staff was rude, and did not care to accomodate at all.
6 Thank WilliamsKY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Half Moon
Half Moon
#2 of 61 in Montego Bay
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Moon Palace Jamaica Grande

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!