“A really nice family stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Talbot Hotel Carlow

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
Dublin, Ireland
“A really nice family stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife, 2 young children and I stayed here recently. We really enjoyed ourselves. There was a fantastic kids club which my daughter loved. The staff were great with the kids. The pool is compact but more than sufficient. The food was excellent with a really good breakfast. There was a wait for the table for breakfast but that can only be expected. The price we paid was 50% less than anywhere else we looked at in the area, I even asked the girl who took the booking if she was correct with the price. My wife and I will most certainly return, maybe without the children so we can have a few beers in the bar and a romantic meal. Don't hesitate if you are considering the Talbot, just do it....

1 Thank Stranded_in_kilcock
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Carlow.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and to pass them on to all the team here at the Hotel. I was delighted that you all had such a wonderful time and that your daughter had such fun in our Tiger Kids Club. We hope that its not too long before you get the chance the return, with or without the children, where I am sure you will have an enjoyable stay once again.

Talbot Hotel Carlow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Greek first
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

i have just come back from 3 days in thid delightful hotel full of friendly helpful staff . We have 2 kids who made use of the kids club activities and thoroughly enjoyed every minute .I am a coeliac and they had gluten free bread for me each morning and while eating in the restaurant took note and gave me my soup minus groutons without me having to ask which i really appreciated and got me a separate dessert as i couldnt have what was on the menu well done to all the staff ,swimming pool was lovely and changerooms spotless and same can be said for hotel room and quite spacious too ,its on outskirts off town but only short distance from shops and park ,we cant wait to visit this hotel again .

Room Tip: We stayed on 1st floor which has a large area with comfy sofas to relax at night with kids as they h...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Tanya,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was great to read your comments and I am delighted that we looked after you and your family so well. The kids club is hugely popular and its great that the kids got the chance to enjoy it. We are happy to make sure that all dietary requirements are met for our guests and it is great that it is noticed.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

what a wonderful hotel - staff are very friendly and cannot do enough. the food is superb. it is absolutely spotless. huge rooms. our group of 30 could not fault it. very child friendly.would defin etly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dear Alan,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us with your group of 30 people.

I was delighted to note that you all had such a wonderful time and that we were able to ensure that all of your group had everything they needed to enjoy the short break. Great also to read your comments about the food and in particular the staff.

Thank you again and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you all back soon either as a group or separately.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a great time. Our kids loved the pool and the Dome next door was an added bonus. The hotel has a kids club, our kids didn't use it but the play room was on our floor and when we passed it the kids there looked like they were having a great time. The staff were all friendly. We had our dinner there and it was lovely. The breakfast was great there was something there for everyone.

We got a family room and they added an extra bed. We pushed the 2 single beds together and then we had room for the kids to play. Everything was nice and clean.

Already planning our next visit.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was delighted to read that you had such a wonderful time and that you are already planning your next trip. Hopefully the kids will have an opportunity to enjoy the complimentary Tiger Kids Club when you return.

Thanks again and look forward to seeing you soon.

Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

staff are beyond words here, they go out of there way to make you happy which is a boon for any establishment. We ate in bar once, Martina is a lovely waitress with great politeness. My partner loved the salon downstairs. We stayed here for 2 days and had dinner one night in the 4th floor restaurant, The Liberty Tree. Service was top class, even though they had a tour group at same time as us, there was no issues. It is obvious that its run very smoothly and efficiently. The manager Jo was always smiling and keeping her team moving. Would recommend this hotel to all, families, couples. Definitely carlow's hidden gem. We are now planning to return soon as it was a great experience on how a hotel should function.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and it will be very satisfying passing on your feedback to the team here at the Hotel. I know that I can speak for all of them when I say that they would like to be associated with my thanks for your kind words. It is great to know that you had such an enjoyable stay and that the staff made your experience all the more relaxing.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Hotel Carlow in the near future.

Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here recently for one night for a friends 30th birthday. I was really impressed with everything in this hotel as it had been a few years since I had been there and since then there has been a huge improvement. The room the party was in was fab, the bedroom I shared was really lovely and the bed very comfortable, but I always judge a hotel by it's bedroom bathrooms and I was in love with the one in mine. Breakfast was lovely and overall our stay at 50e for bed and breakfast was such good value I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Suzanne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review based on your recent short stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was a pleasure looking after you all for the 30th Birthday and I am delighted to note that you all had such a wonderful time. I was very pleased to read your comments in relation to the bedroom and guest bathrooms and I hope its not too long before you have the opportunity to visit again.

Riverchapel, Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Lovely hotel, kids loved swimming pool, staff were excellent especially Hazel on Reception. Would definitely go back again.The rooms very of excellent quality, Food was excellent , waiting staff were pleasant and gave great service. The only thing that was lacking in the hotel was some sort of games room, they did have a kiddies club but that was geared more for a younger age.

Room Tip: Room in front of house, less noise from road traffic
Dear Mary,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable time here and that you were able to avail of the many facilities on offer. I am sure Hazel will be delighted to have received a mention and I know that all of the staff here will be delighted with your comments.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Talbot Hotel Carlow in the very near future.

Talbot Hotel Carlow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Seven Oaks Hotel
Hotel Kilkenny
Hotel Kilkenny
#3 of 18 in Kilkenny
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,803 reviews

Been to Talbot Hotel Carlow? Share your experiences!