“great stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
dublin
“great stay”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Just back from a 3 day stay, had a fantastic time room was great so was the food and the staff were very helpful, will go back again soon.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Carlow.

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and thank you for your kind words. looking forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Carlow in the near future.

Ken Battigan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Greek first
dublin
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed here as was attending an event in Carlow town. Hotel nice and clean. Couple of mins outside of town, hotel helpful with organising taxi service. Rooms clean and good size. Shower pressure not the best. Bar nice with friendly staff.
Only negative was the late check in, arrived at twelve as going to a christning but were told we could not check in till after 3. Explained that we would not be back till later that night, so we're given option of leaving our belongings in a room behind reception. Ment no where to freshen up after driving down. Had to use public bathroom to get ready.

• Stayed November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay with us at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was delighted to read that your kind words in relation to our rooms and the service you recieved from the reception team. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to have the guest bedrooms turned from the previous night early the following day and to this end we have a check in time from 4pm to ensure that the rooms are ready for our incoming guests. On this occasion, I wholly appreciate that you had an engagement locally and required an early check in and for this not to be available, I apologise.

I would very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Carlow in the future and thank you once again for taking the time to post your review.

Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I had a two night stay in the talbot hotel.The room was unsatisfactory for a 4 star hotel, We were put into the disability room (which was not requested) there was no bath, which i was disappointed with, just an open shower with a curtain around it so the whole bathroom floor got wet any time the shower was turned on. The tap was also broken in the shower. The water was constantly scorching hot and took ages leaving it running for it to turn cold. There was a couple of stains on the mattress and there was cigerette burns in the blankets which had left several holes. However the staff were very friendly and polite and the food served was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review based on your recent stay with us here in the Talbot Carlow.

I was delighted to read your kind words in relation to our food and of course the staff. I was however, dissappointed to note the issues you encountered in your bedroom. I would like to apologise for our shortcomings in relation to the small maintenance issues that you highlight and I have spoken to my maintenance team and thankfully the temperature issue has now been resolved. I have addressed the issue of room allocation with my reception team and am sure that this was an isolated incident whereby you were allocated this room. Although I appreciate it is too late at this stage I would like to state that an alternative room should have been sourced for you by ourselves and for this I would like to apologise.

I truly hope that you will give the Hotel a chance to restore your faith at some stage in the near future.

Meath
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed midweek to save a trip the day of a friends wedding.We advance booked our dinner using the dinner for 2 & free bottle of wine for €59. Unfortunately for some reason we had to have our dinner in the bar and not in the 4th floor as it was sold so that was disappointing.
The room was clean, had all basic facilities. Perfect place to stay for us, it was cleen, quiet and staff were pleasent/

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review based on your recent stay with us at the Talbot Carlow.

At certain times we offer the Bistro as an alternative to our 4th floor restaurant and is done so with the customer experience in mind. Our restaurant is quite a large room and on occassions when the hotel is quiet with dinner guests we offer the Bistro to ensure an ambience and atmosphere for all diners to enjoy.

I do hope that you will visit us again and hopefully have the opportunity to dine in the Liberty Tree and once again thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Warm Regards

Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed the weekend in the Talbot with our 2 year old son and had a great time. We were checked in by Nicola who was extremely friendly and helpful, she also made a point of remembering our sons name every time she saw him over the weekend which was a nice touch. As it was our anniversary we treated ourselves to a suite which was very spacious!

We ate mostly in the hotel, the carvery food we delicious and again the chef was very friendly and looked after our son very well! As our son is 2, we had food delivered to the room from the restaurant in the evenings, great selection and very tasty indeed!

Another mention for Stephen who helped us out at various times at the weekend, be it anything from helping out in the bar to getting us copies of the restaurant menus so we could order from our room, great service that was much appreciated.

A lovely hotel, only downside is its not really walk able to town, but not a big deal if u have a car. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank NorvellJefferson
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent weeknd stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It is always a pleasure reading such positive comments and feedback like yours and in particular when it highlights the high levels of customer service that we are always aiming to provide. It is also very rewarding for the team here at the Hotel when such feedback is received as all our guest feedback is communicated to all staff at their departmental meetings and I can assure you that both Stephen and Nicola will be delighted with your comments.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Carlow in the not too distant future and once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Dublin
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Had a two night stay over the October bank holiday weekend, it must have been at least my 10th time staying there. The staff are very polite and friendly and I love the Tiger club for the kids means you can have you dinner while the children are entertained. The food is excellent.

Just one little complaint could you please get new shower heads on the showers, their worn out and badly need replacing. I have noticed this on my last few visits.

See you again very soon I hope.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back of the hotel as the outside smoking area is at the front and if you have t...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank woops
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your most recent of many visits to the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated and I am delighted that had another enjoyable stay. Feedback is extremely important to us here at the Talbot and is used as a Management Tool in our Service Excellence programme for continuous development. In relation to the shower heads, we have recently undertaken the project of replacing the units in all of the bedrooms and this continues to be done on a phased basis.

Thank you again for your review and indeed for your loyalty and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Hotel Carlow in the very near future.

Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I thought I had left this review a few weeks ago but as it's still not up I'm going at it again. The Talbot Hotel in Carlow were just so fantastic that I had to share it.
We got married on 16th September 2011, and from the day we booked it (Almost 2 years before that) we were so happy with our choice. Trevor, who we dealt with at first, was fantastic guiding us through everything on our first meeting, and a week later we were back again to book the date and pay our deposit. Again Trevor went out of his way to assist us.
From then Niamh took over and I can't say enough about her. She was like a Wedding Planner that we were getting free of charge. Nothing was too big or small when we were coming closer to the day and each time we were in meeting Niamh in the run up to the wedding she was just brilliant. I personally cannot thank her enough for everything, and having Niamh meet me out of the car on our wedding day was so special.
Ken also met us out of the car and even though it was the first time I'd met him, it was like he knew us already, just like all the staff!! Ken was around the top table during the meal too and helping us along the way, as was Paul who also met with us for our tasting. He again was going out of his way to help us, and even met us in the residents bar at about 4.00am the following morning before going off duty. That to me was just so nice and it was great to be made feel so special all day!! Thanks for that.
Kevin, you are still the topic of conversation among guests, your perfect orchestration while serving the meals, particularly the top table, was by all account "breathtaking", I have to say it was as easy to see from our angle, but all the other guests saw and commented. Your staff are just so friendly and the whole service is a credit to you.
I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but from management right down I cannot thank you all enough for making our special day all the more special by just doing what you do best!
We will certainly be back (1st Anniversay meal of course) but aside from that, we will be there again.
We did have a couple of issues that we spoke with Niamh about the next day on check-out, but they were swiftly dealt with too and Niamh relfected it on the final bill, which was not necessary but appreciated and again just shows how customer orientated The Talbot Hotel are!
Thank you all again so much for everything and wish you all the best in the future!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Niki 1609,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post your review in relation to your Wedding Day held here at the Talbot in September.

I have to say that the whole team were absolutely thrilled with your comments and they would like to be associated with my appreciation. It is always a pleasure to share with couples their special day and none more so when we get feedback such as yours. We have many many weddings here at the Hotel and we always try to excel in our service and make each couple feel as comfortable as possible. I am delighted on a personal note that you recognised not just the Management team but also the staff because at the end of the day, they are the ones that make the real difference to each and every guests experience.

It was an absolute pleasure having you both here on your special day and we truly hope that the day will live long in memory. We would also be delighted to see you back in the Hotel in the near future and I would like to again, take this opportunity to wish you both a lifetime of health & happiness.

Thank you so much again for your kind words and for taking the time to share them.

Warm Regards

Ken Battigan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Seven Oaks Hotel
Newpark Hotel
#4 of 18 in Kilkenny
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,835 reviews
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa

Been to Talbot Hotel Carlow? Share your experiences!