Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Talbot Hotel Carlow(Carlow)(Great Value!)
$145
$126
$112
$145
$134
Agoda.com
$148
The Lord Bagenal Inn(Leighlinbridge)
$129
Lyrath Estate(Kilkenny)
$275
$265
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsfairy gardencarlow townmany occasionson arrivalfamily weddinghighly recommend this hotelsteakwedding receptionstaff were very friendlylovely hotelcouldn't faultfunction roomnext morningevery member of staffkeep up the good workwell worth a visitrestaurant staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to stay here with a group of friend's. Was very impressed with appearances at first. Staff were very nice and obliging. Rooms where lovely and clean too. Bar food was gorgeous. They have a platter for two that would feed four amazing. Unfortunately it all went downhill when we were in bed that night. Heat in room was unbearable and a group staying in a room 5 doors up decided to play loud music and party till 6 in the morn!! Even though staff had called to the room.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 19, 2013

first time in the Dolmen but wont be my last
my husband and i had a fabulous time from the time we arrived till we sadly had to leve
from the reception to the housekeepers the staff are so friendly and the food is not to be missed

Room Tip: our room was on the first floor and it was great
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jody1945
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed several times in the Dolmen - the rooms are spotless, beds are comfortable, need a bit of updating. The breakfast is excellent and the bar food is fabulous. Good variety on the menu do try the fish it is excellent!! Great value for money - staff lovely and very helpful. Great location and good carparking.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend away, Easy to get to and just outside Carlow town, The staff are super friendly and room was clean and fresh, we had dinner in the hotel on our first night and it was fantastic. Breakfast was fine except for the coffee.
If we were visiting Carlow again we would stay here for sure.

Room Tip: We rang to book and asked if they could give us a good deal, After a few moments the receptionist came back on the phone with a an offer we couldn't refuse.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for business purposes and was not really impressed, when arriving in the car park I imagined the hotel would be perfect. But on entering the building my mind changed. There is a great staircase in the foyer but as the whole, the area in very dated and tired looking. Upon arrival reception was great the staff are a real asset to this hotel.

But as I walked to my room I was disappointed the hall way is very dated and old. The carpet is loose and almost a trip hazard. The key is an old fashioned proper key and when leaving your room your must lock the door manually which is a bit annoying.

The room itself is very basic old furniture and its quite tired ( lots of scrapes and marks) my room only had one socket which was awkward when trying to use PC,charge phone etc the bathroom ceiling paint was flaking and actually lying in the bath when I arrived. The kettle in the room was so old and covered in lime scale I refused to use it! There are no controls for the heating in the room which was a problem as the heating seemed to be on full constantly and room got very stuffy and I had to keep the window open overnight.

The restaurant again is dated and a bit untidy there was all different kind of things piled up on the bar! The food is average and I find the restaurant staff let the customer service side of hotel down!

Price is high considering the general accommodation for guests, you can get a lot more for your money closer to the town itself!

Upon my return to Carlow I plan to stay in another hotel!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business