“Super hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
Cardiff
“Super hotel!”
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Stayed four nights at the Seven Oaks recently as part of a Diamond Travel (South Wales) coach tour. The hotel was every bit as good as the glowing reviews previously given, large comfortable bedroom and high Quality meals, (portions were far too much and I'm a pig!). The staff were very friendly and helpful
As a keen railway enthusiast I was able to take advantage of the new Golden Tracker ticket which gives 4 days free travel throughout the Irish Railways system for over 66's, (not valid in Northern Ireland). It is available by contacting the Irish tourist authority giving passport details, (check the internet). I travelled to Waterford, Dublin, Bray and Howth
This was my first trip to Ireland and I certainly enjoyed my visit

• Stayed April 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Galway
Reviewed April 13, 2010

The hotel is very homely and comfortable but its the staff that made my stay unforgettable! I returned to the hotel after celebrating the Connemara rugby win against Carlow and was sitting in the bar when i realised i had forgotten my bag in the taxi. I had all but accepted that i was never going to see that bag again when a member of staff called Matt came over and told me that he would recognise the taxi again so we hopped in his car and drove around until we found him and i got my bag back so Matt a big cheers to you!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
dublin
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We spent a two night break over easter with friends and had an excellent stay.The staff were very helpful and the room was spacious and warm. The meal in the restaurant was very good and the service was attentive, all in all an enjoyable experience and would definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed April 4, 2010

This is an old hotel but spotless and the food is wholesome and plentiful.Its a 2 min walk to the town which is great.The only gripe I would have is we went for an easter break and arrived on Good Friday to find the bar was closed!!As this is not law in Ireland I couldnt understand it.Apart from that great place

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank audskennedy
Roscommon
Reviewed March 4, 2010

This is a wonderful hotel. We had a lovely 2 night weekend break from the minute we arrived until the minute we left. Bedroom was lovely bright & spacious with lovely ensuite. Bar & restuarant was fabulous & the swimming pool was top class. Will definately be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
CORK
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Excellent - I have stayed in this hotel for a 4 week period in Jan/Feb - working in Merck nearby. It is without doubt a fantastic hotel. The service/food/gym/pool are all fantastic. The rooms may be a bit dated but it adds to the ambiance. It cannot compare to a nearby 4 star hotel, where I stayed for the first two weeks of January. The interior design is full of dark wood, flamed fires, multiple comfy sofas and there's a fabulous use of colour in the reception, bar and dining area. My home is a total contrast but when away from home, this design feels cozy and comforting. It's the dark wood lockers in the swimming pool changing rooms that would entice you to strip down when it's minus zero outside!. The sauna and steam room are the hottest I've ever been in!. The fruit salad in the morning is delicious! I'm delighted these typical Irish type hotels still exist and tourists must just lap them up... I won't be wasting my money on 5* hotels anymore, I'm on a mission now to discover more of this type of hotel in the South, thanks to the staff of the Seven Oaks, Liz

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
west mids
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Arrived for a 4 night stay on business and has to be one of the worst hotels I have had the misfortune of staying in for a long time. I can say this with some authority as I travel a fair amount.
The rooms are spacious but the decor is extremely tired. All your usual mahogany furniture and 80's wallpaper albeit dog eared. The walls and ceiling are paper thin (I thought premier lodges were bad!)so you can hear everything above and next door and believe me it's annoying when you are trying to rest but is nothing compared to traffic noise as the hotel is right on the main road ( lorries cause the room to vibrate).
No water in the sink in the bathroom (I had to brush my teeth using shower water)
There are a couple of positives though , the wifi is free and fast although you can't get it in the bar and the use of the spa is included in the reasonable room rate and maybe having suffered last night I think I might make use of it.
The food was nothing really special although we were served rapidly
It doesn’t happen very often but think that I will be looking for another hotel nearby for the rest of my stay in Carlow

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank o0timbo0o
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Talbot Hotel Carlow
Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Dinn Ri Hotel
Dinn Ri Hotel
#4 of 5 in Carlow
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Seven Oaks Hotel? Share your experiences!