“So, so in parts”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
Headford, Ireland
“So, so in parts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for one night while attending a wedding at the hotel. The large foyer and bar are lovely, they're all dark wood and feel grand and cozy. Everything to do with the wedding was very, very good. The food was fabulous, the ballroom was beautifully decorated and laid out and the staff were very quick and efficient. The room we stayed in was clean and decently decorated, although starting to look a bit dated. The bathroom was good and big. There was hot water but it took forever to run into the taps. There was a good selection of little body washes and shower caps and towels. Unfortunately, the double bed was broken on one side which meant when the 2 of us tried to sleep in it just rolled off it! We didn't discover this til 1am and at that stage I wasn't going looking for a new room so I slept in the single bed but did inform reception when leaving the next day. They didn't even apologise. I couldn't pick up WiFi reception in the room either. We had breakfast, which was just ok. The dining room itself was quite nice, if again a bit worn. The cold part of the buffet was well stocked and fresh. The hot food is served to you from behind like a carvery counter but the chef had dissapeared when we got there and we had to get a waitress to go and look for him. The quality of the food was ok. The scrambled eggs were very wet and there was puddle of water at the bottom of my plate which wasn't pleasant. All in all, it was ok but I think I'd chose other hotels in Carlow to stay in first.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ncmono

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Extremely friendly team members, free wifi and the restaurant was good. The rooms were comfortable except for the fact that it was very very hot and no air conditioning. Fortunately the lobby and bar had AC. They did provide a fan and told us how to take off the safety latch on the window to open it up wider. It seems the corridors need to be freshened. But if I ever need to go to Carlow and stay overnight, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CookieCahill
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I always enjoy staying at this hotel because of the lovely way the staff treat you. I have never stayed in a hotel in Ireland where all of the staff are lovely. The manager is approachable and very polite and interested. The rooms are spacious and clean and bright. I love staying at this hotel and so does my husband and 10 year old son.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MaroiB
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Thought I'd gone back in time..
This place is actually alright
Wireless is a bit hit and miss
Room 227 has a glass roof window so when it rains hard it sounds dreadful at 2 o clock in the morning.
Very comfy beds and polite helpful staff
Came with a iron and board
Very spacious room,
Tv was dire and awful signal
Towels don't try anything..
Near a few little shops
Fitness suit looked ok to be honest

For the money it's probably nearer a 4 than a three, saly I stoop in too many hotels with my job.. So sadly it'll be a safe three..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ravingeddie
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had an extremely enjoyable stay at this hotel. This trip was for my own hen party and happened to be my 3rd trip back to seven oaks. The staff are some of the friendliest staff I have ever come across and couldn't do enough for us. The food is fantastic and the rooms are really lovely. All members of our party commented on how enjoyable and pleasant their stay was. I cant recommend seven oaks highly enough for anyone heading on a trip to Carlow. I will definitely be heading back for a 4th visit in the near future. Fantastic place to stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel and all 11 of us plus 1 small boy had the experience of how you should be treated on a break. food was best we have had for sometime and plenty of it. restaurant staff - bar staff - and management were all very friendly and could'nt do enough to help us. rooms were clean and very comfortable. all in all we had a truly brilliant weekend and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.
Aidan O' B

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I cant recommend this hotel highly enough. We stayed for 2 nights from the 12th - 14th of July. The staff were more than helpful and did everything that they could have done to make our stay perfect. The rooms were fantastic and the location of the hotel is only 5 minutes from the centre of Carlow town. We had a meal on the Saturday evening and the food was amazing. Overall, an amazing experience in this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the swimming pool in perfect location and not much of a walk to get to.