TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We popped in to Toughers in Carlow after some retail therapy. It was quiet busy though we managed to get a seat pretty quickly. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, my fiancée mixed and matched to make a min course and it wasn’t a problem at all. The only issue was that I was looking to order another drink and staff didn’t check our table to see if we needed anything else, however they did do this for other tables and they were quite busy!! Will keep coming back again and again!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (59)

Reviewed July 7, 2019

Went in with my partner and daughter at 5pm today for the a la carte menu. We both ordered chicken vol au vent. It was the worst food I have ever tasted. The chicken had a strange “floral” taste off of it and had stuffing on pieces of it as if it had been prepared for a different dish. The sauce on the vol au vent was a bechmel which hadn’t even had the flour cooked out of it properly and looked curdled. The chips were half cooked and my partners salad was wilted and dripping in dressing. In total I ate about 10 chips from my plate. My partner (who would eat literally anything) tried to finish his meal and couldn’t either. We also ordered garlic mushrooms which were dreadful too. My daughters soup was fine but her roll was not fresh. Whoever is cooking in that kitchen is no chef. €37.10 for food we couldn’t eat. Save yourselves the trouble and DON’T eat here.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank annied7777
Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

Come here when my sister is down and it’s never fails.. blonde girl meriam is lovely and very attentive lovely staff and easy parking

Date of visit: July 2019
Toughers, Manager at Toughers Restaraunt, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit

Reviewed June 13, 2019

Lovely food plenty of it, friendly staff would definitely visit again. Lots of parking and it’s free.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Vacation123975

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

Lovely dinner tasty desert and friendly staff . Will be back probably every Sunday for dinner ......

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank padgok
Toughers, Manager at Toughers Restaraunt, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2019

hank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit