“One word .... WOW”

Brasserie 15
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: brasserie 15.Is a stylish & busy restaurant right in the heart of Carlow town.Great food and drink,fantastic surroundings,exciting atmosphere, reasonable prices.Open seven nights a week
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went here last night for a friends birthday celebration. We ordered from the early bird menu - 3 courses for €23 I think.
I had Mushroom Risotto, Beef Bourguignon & Apple and Date Crumble... as the title suggests WOW!
I have never tasted food so lovely and containing so many flavours at once. The staff are very atentative and on the ball.
I am not from Carlow but would most definitely be returning for any excuse to this place :)

1  Thank Val-BAYR3

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This high class Restaurant is a great much needed addition to culinary life in Carlow. Has built up a large and loyal following.Had my fourth visit yesterday all very good.Really like Strip Steak,my wife had the venison rump,tender and delicious.Was served by Andrew who most efficient,attentive & knowledgeable.Comprehensive well priced wine list. Keep up the good work!!

1  Thank RacingPundit
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had the pan fried chicken and butter beans, came with baby potatoes and my friend had the same his came with chunky chips. Brocolli to share. Food was gorgeous, Mrs Doyle Tea Tray is something just to go there for! Creme brulee and chocolate brownie were flawless. Love, love, love, the staff friendly and its not over priced. Hope it stays like this! Best restaurant in Carlow.

2  Thank jppayne
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Firstly I completely agree that Carlow needs another good restaurant so I'm hoping Brasserie 15 improves on service and quality in order to compete with other restaurants in and around the town
The interior is pretty amazing so great job there.
We visited for lunch , good menu & great value so we were very optimistic.
When the waitress took our order she never even asked about drinks , I had to ask for the wine menu ...bad start.
I ordered the caesar salad and 15 minutes after ordering the waitress came back to say they had none left .... Really ?? 2 hours into service and there was no salad , now bearing in mind there are only 3 starters on the lunch menu I thought this to be very poor , what had they run out of ? lettuce ? , with superquinn across the road surely they could have improvised ?
So , I ordered the soup , which was good but the serving size was very small in such a large bowl.
My other half had the risotto - which he said was good but nothing amazing.
The main course and this is where it got interesting.
I had ordered the beef which I must admit was fabulous , really tender. When ordering I asked the waitress was it served with mash , "yes" she replied , no was the reality , it was served on a layer of potato gratin .... it was very tasty and in all honesty more would have been welcome.
The other main ordered was pan fried chicken , with chorizo. The dish was devoid of any chorizo so we called the waiter and asked him wasn't there to be chorizo with the dish "yes , oh though I see what you mean I can't see any , let me check with the chef" , the waiter returned with 3 slices of chorizo in a side dish ....shocking !!! Yes he said there is chorizo in the dish it's in the sauce but here is some extra for you to add......come on ...anyone who has ever cooked with chorizo knows the elements and flavour it brings to a dish , none were existent and now we were being fobbed off by a very weak excuse. The dish was chicken in a white wine sauce.
We decided to skip desert as we had lost heart at that stage.
I understand what the restaurant are trying to achieve but unless they sort out the knowledge of the waiting staff and quality of the dishes , they will not benefit from the repeat business a restaurant needs to survive in a small town.
I will most likely try it again in a month or two but for now I'll stick with the ever reliant Lennons.

1  Thank MRSDMC79
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My fourth visit to this exceptionally faboulous restaurant. Just love the ambience ,the professionalism of the staff and what do i say about the food !!!!!!SUPERB .Has just been a great experince each time. Thankfully somebody had the foresightt to bring Carlow into one of the foodie capitols of the south east .

1  Thank tristan_16