“great night”
Review of O'Gradys Gastro Bar and Grill - CLOSED

O'Gradys Gastro Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The concept for Gastro is an affordable and professional dining experience using fresh ingredients delivered daily on all our menus while creating a relaxed atmosphere in which our customers can enjoy their meal whatever the occasion may be.The menu whether it’s our lunch or dinner menu, our wine menu or cocktail menu or it’s that special menu that you have chosen for your party or event, they will always be treated by the team here with the highest standards to ensure that our aim of quality, consistency and affordability are met.Gastro serves food from Monday to Sunday from 12 – 9pm and up to 10pm on Friday and Saturday. With its open plan design and location the restaurant can cater for any party or occasion whether its 2 people or 200 guests Gastro is a great restaurant or venue whatever needs you might require. Our dining experience boasts maximum taste with minimum fuss. Gluten Free Dining Options available.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

had a great night at the gastro on the 4/8/2013 had the duck stir fry it was devine and the kids loved there food service was fast and staff were real friendly keep up the good work the chefs they have really know how to cook some fab food

restaurant98, Owner at O'Gradys Gastro Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear 23 Lisa
Thank you for your review , we are delighted you enjoyed your experience and I will pass on your comments to the Team
Best Regards

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Enjoyed Tapas at the Gastro Bar & Grill last weekend with 3 friends. While waiting on the food we enjoyed fabulous cocktails, pints and countless glasses of white wine, our waitress was very attentive and helpful. We ordered 8 different tapas and some "Potatas Bravas" to share, portion size was great, the food was all sevred at the one time which was great compared to some tapas bars, all the food had been freshly prepared and piping hot.. Although full after the meal we had to sample the desserts, the chocolate knickerbocker glory was to die for as was the profiteroles served on a slate plate. Looking forward to going back to try the main menu soon, a very enjoyable visit :-)

Dear Sinead4321
Thank you for your review ,we are delighted you enjoyed our new menu , everything locally sourced where possible and cooked to order to ensure maximum taste ! We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Best Regards

Reviewed July 27, 2013

won a prize for 4 to have tapas
and must say it was a great night
tapas were fantastic and reasonably priced
staff were excellent
so helpful
would definately recommend upstairs at gastro for tapas
and will be back very soon

Reviewed July 26, 2013

went for something to eat here a wee while ago. the staff were grand. Fairly friendly. Found the prices a little steep and to be honest the food was 'meh'. I just got a kind of BLT and the lettuce seemed welted...Just wasn't fresh, I just pulled it out of the sandwich and then it was ok. I was there with 2 mates and one loved what they had, some sort of salad, the other said her's was grand. The toilets were horrible in fairness, not really clean and I couldn't get the drier to work!! Was told I could head upstairs for a smoke and I thought yeah I'll see what the upstairs bar looks like. It looks like a student bar. Looks kinda sloppy up there, the beer garden was nice though but the inside is a bit....shabby. In general I mean I think the place is grand and fair play just so pricey it doesn't feel like the price is justified cos the atmosphere and look doesn't scream 'Expensive'. Just me though.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've eaten at the Gastro Restaurant a number of times, when I'm in Carlow and every time I'm very impressed by the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff. The last time I ordered the fish pie from the Specials' menu and it was delicious.
I like the way the Restaurant sources its produce locally. It's good quality food and supporting the local Farmers.
I would definitely recommend paying this place a visit. Carlow needs a few good restaurants, so it's great to see the Gastro Bar coming on stream.

restaurant98, Owner at O'Gradys Gastro Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Catherine C
Thank you for your review , we are delighted you enjoyed your experience at O'Gradys , we source locally and are very proud of our local heroes who together with their skill and passion provide us with excellent ingredients . We look forward to seeing you again.
Have a great summer !