“great little find”
Review of O'Gradys Gastro Bar and Grill - CLOSED

O'Gradys Gastro Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The concept for Gastro is an affordable and professional dining experience using fresh ingredients delivered daily on all our menus while creating a relaxed atmosphere in which our customers can enjoy their meal whatever the occasion may be.The menu whether it’s our lunch or dinner menu, our wine menu or cocktail menu or it’s that special menu that you have chosen for your party or event, they will always be treated by the team here with the highest standards to ensure that our aim of quality, consistency and affordability are met.Gastro serves food from Monday to Sunday from 12 – 9pm and up to 10pm on Friday and Saturday. With its open plan design and location the restaurant can cater for any party or occasion whether its 2 people or 200 guests Gastro is a great restaurant or venue whatever needs you might require. Our dining experience boasts maximum taste with minimum fuss. Gluten Free Dining Options available.
Waterford, Ireland
“great little find”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stumbled upon this place whilst on a day out in carlow with a friend ... We were greeted instantly on arrival by a really friendly and pleasant waitress who seated us to a lovely table next to the radiator (much appreciated on a freezing cold day) .... My friend and I both opted for the goatscheese melt - we certainly were not disappointed from taste to presentation everything was spot on .. The atmosphere is so cosy and relaxed here we decided to treat ourself to some coffee before we left and were delighted to get a little choccie surprise with it .... something that rarely happens now a days ... over all between the great food & service we received I will definitely be back soon hopefully for dinner next time the evening menu looks very tasty ...

Visited April 2013
restaurant98, Owner at O'Gradys Gastro Bar and Grill, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Deiselady25
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you choose Gastro on your visit to Carlow and enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you at Gastro soon.
John & The Gastro Team

Vienna, Austria
“Pleasant Gastro surprise in Carlow”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

On a recent visit to Carlow, Ireland on a recommendation from a friend, i had a very unexpected but incredibly good dinning experience in Gastro bar and Grill in Carlow town. I had no idea what to expect and went with a group with a completely open mind, trusting my friends judgment. My initial impression entering the premisses was one of relaxed easy going and homely. The food was of a surprisingly high standard. My husband had a filet steak which he said was simply the best he has ever had from anywhere around the world. Indeed every person in the group was incredibly pleased with the evening.
This is simply a very good restaurant with a very high standard, high quality of food and very reasonably priced.
Many thanks to Gastro for this wonderful experience

• Visited April 2013
restaurant98, Owner at O'Gradys Gastro Bar and Grill, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Vjolaj
Thank you for your generous review of Gastro. Our Policy is minimum fuss with maximum taste , all our produce is locally sourced to guarantee that we deal with the best produce possible. Our Beef is supplied by Tommy Brennan , Clonmore Meats , his produce is consistently excellent. I like to feel that we are constantly improving and innovating day by day to provide the best Gastro experience for our guests and it always makes us happy to receive reviews like yours.
Thank you and best regards to you and your family
John O'Grady
Proprieter
Gastro Bar & Grill
NYC
“Local Gem”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were recent visitors to the Carlow area from the US and Gastro Bar & Grill was recommended to us by some locals. We were a group of 7, including young kids, and had a top-class meal there. Ingredients are all high quality and locally sourced and cooking is home-style with a touch of haute. Very reasonable prices for the quality too. Staff couldn't have been more accommodative given the size of our group. The only caveat was the somewhat limited winelist. Overall, worth a detour to include this gem. We will definitely visit Gastro on our next visit to Ireland.

• Visited March 2013
Dear NycPatrick
Thank you for your very kind review , we have 12 wines on our list plus two monthly wines of which we offer 12 by the glass , we also change our list quarterly. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Carlow.
Beannacht Libh
John & The Gastro Team
Carlow, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

On Friday, the second time I've been in this restaurant. The first time I was in January and it was average but now it is far better. Now I met a friendly atmosphere and a fantastic menu. Staff who served me was professional from start to finish, very helpful and polite. I ordered goat cheese on ciabatta bread melt into the soup and only € 2 and both dishes were wonderful. Really recommendable place. I'll be back with my family or friends.

Dear klaudia845
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Gastro. We are open 7 months , hence all the changes and I am delighted you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
John + The Gastro Team
Galway, Ireland
“Wonderful staff let down by details”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

In Carlow for the Pan Celtic festival we dropped in here for lunch. Atmosphere and décor is welcoming as were the staff who helped to settle us and the children in and really could not have done more. Children’s portions (from an impressive children's menu) were generous and very reasonably priced. My BLT looked good initially but was accompanied by an unwashed and withered side salad, a long black hair sticking out of the wrap, four chips on the plate (why bother putting just 4?) and a chipped water glass. I appreciate that they were having a busy Saturday lunch time during the festival and, as I’ve said the staff were lovely and the prices very reasonable, but we were a little disappointed. Will give this place another shot as I have heard nothing but positive feedback from others.

Dear Drdyran
Thank you for your review. The day in question was our busiest so far with the majority of diners sitting down at once ! In respone to the issues raised in your review , the black hair in the wrap , all our chefs wear hats (and are shaven headed ! ) however we do use wild mushrooms in a few of our dishes and fine strands can often be mistaken for a hair. We do not serve fries with the BLT and the chipped glass was unacceptable. I apologise on behalf of The Gastro Team and assure you that this is certainly not the norm and we hope to see you back at Gastro in the near future.
John O'Grady