“Amazing place.”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I love this cafe. The food is amazing and never fails no matter how many times you visit it. The daily specials always sound so exciting and creative. There is a lot of time and effort put into preparing and presenting the food. The homemade desserts are fab also. The atmosphere is so warm and homely. There is always a great buzz in the cafe. I ate in cafe formenti nearly everyday while I was in college in Carlow for approx 3 years. I enjoyed going everyday. The staff are so friendly and helpful. They are real chatty and you really feel at home each time you visit. I think it is great that the chef comes out to chat with the customers whether they are regulars or just once off visitors. He has time for everyone. There is not enough words to describe how amazing this place really is. A lot of the customers are regulars and it is so refreshing to be in a place where the buzz is so happy and positive and you can see where everyone gets on. There is great music nights in it also and amazing themed nights. Again the chef Ritchie and his wife Christina put so much effort and time into making this cafe such an amazing place. You can see their love and passion in delivering amazing quality food. Keep up the good Ritchie and co. I cant priase the place and food enough.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Heard such good reports that I was looking forward to trying out Caffe Formenti but the menu was rather limited, service good and meal average. I'll try it again just in case I hit a bad day

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Myself and my partner had the pleasure of dining here recently. The food was superb especially my fish stew starter with gorgeous pernod and dill flavours. My main was chicken in a heavenly mushroom sauce. The staff were friendly and efficient, the chef/owner even found time to sit and chat with us. Loved it, we will definitely be back.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I was in Carlow for a weekend and found this little cafe when on a walkabout of Carlow town.
Called in for coffee and a rest. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming and the staff very pleasant.
The coffee was great too.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The owner / chef is so welcoming and attentive to all customers and sometimes sits down to have a chat. Have visited a few times for lunch which is always lovely. Recently visited for an evening meal and must say, it was definitely one of the best meals we've had. We both had a starter then steak, which was cooked to perfection and served with fresh tasty veg or salad and homemade chips. Only problem was we were too full for dessert. We will be back for certain, keep up the good work!