“Great for a nice meal out” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riverbank Restaurant

Riverbank Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 71 Restaurants in Carlow
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Riverbank Restaurant is a award winning restaurant over looking the River Slaney. The restaurant is over two floors catering for large groups, families and romantic couples. Their is a extensive variety of food available ranging from Irish Beef to freshly caught fish to include scallops, crabmeat, monkfish, cod and a House favorite Seafood Pancake. There are also a wide variety of stir fry, curry and pasta dishes available. A la Carte menu and Early bird menu served from 6pm daily, Early Bird Menu is a three course meal which to include steak at no extra supplement for €25. We specialise in home cooked fresh food and have a wide choice of homemade dessert which are mouth watering just to look at! Also a special place for a relaxing Sunday Lunch with main courses priced at on €10.95. Looking forward to cooking for you in my restaurant. Sharon - Chef /Owner
Tullow, Carlow, Ireland
“Great for a nice meal out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went here for a family meal with my parnets, siblings and our 2 young kiids aged 4 and 1. The food is delicious and the staff are friendly and very accomodating. We all had a lovely time and a beutiful meal. Only downside would be the space. The restaurant wasn't very busy that night (Thanks be to god) and my boys we're playing on the floor with their toys. But the staff didnt mind at all. All in all I will go back for small functions.

Can stress enough how much we all enjoyed the food. If the funstion room upstairs help more ppl I would book it for my wedding. Fantastic food and beautiful views!!!

• Visited April 2014

Wicklow, Ireland
“Gem on the triangle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Excellent meals it was so good we went back the second night, Sharon so helpful cooking our meal to our liking, we will try and make it back again. we were very impressed .
wishing her the best of luck for August, Leslie and Phil

• Visited April 2014
Ireland
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This restaurant is in a great location, beside the river. The food is top class and a great selection. The staff are attentive and friendly.

• Visited January 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect corner on a sunny summer day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was driving down the road on a motorbike with a mate when I spotted the river and it's little wood bridge so I thought why not checking around for a place to get a lunch. And I tell you, what a place!! Disappointment isn't a word for that colourful and charming restaurant.
We both got a main dish and to be honest, the gargantuan man I am could barely finish the plate that was garnished with fresh fish (I reckon about 4 different type..), veggies, chips, salad..! And all for a really decent price! We felt welcomed and the cherry on the cake, as we were seating outside, we had the pleasure to contemplate the river..!

• Visited September 2013
Ireland
“Wonderful birthday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Recently went to the Riverbank for a birthday celebration with a few girlfriends and had a wonderful meal. The food was delicious (best fillet steak I've had in a long time) and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The restaurant was busy on the Saturday night we were in but we never felt like we were waiting. The Riverbank is clean & welcoming with a wide range of choices at reasonable prices. A great place to have a relaxing meal.

• Visited October 2013