“An authentic fun place”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is the best place in Carlow town. It is authentic Italian food at good prices with a great waiters.

It is not pretentious, I fail to see how you cannot have a good time there.

If there is a minus is that their menu needs changing: have been too many times maybe.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I love going into Pompei, great food & super staff. We've got a pre Christmas dinner planned for a group of us.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The pizza is great, the pasta is great. The prices are reasonable and they have a nice atmosphere - especially on the weekends. The location is great for a date as well since there is a nice view to the Barrow.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was there for my friends hens last weekend this restaurant was part of the package deal that was organised for us. We thought the place looked fab no denying it but we waited over half n hour to an hour to have a waitress come near us to order our food! We had to grab someone to take our Order it wasn't until another half hour before we got our starter, in the mean time we were going to staff asking where the food was but just got sorrys, an hour it took then to get our mains absolute joke no apologises we had to keep chasing them! Owner did give free bottle of wine but not good enough for overall experience making us late for our next destination.. Nice place bad staff and slow chefs! 24 v unhappy customers

1  Thank Sandracromwell
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've dined here many times. While it tends to be quiet during the week, it can be very busy at weekends. The portions are quite large, especially the pizza starter which is more than enough for two people. I've eaten Italian fare and also tried the fillet steak here. The steak is expensive relative to the other choices, but is very good.
The staff are friendly and the service is good. You're not rushed through your various courses which I find enjoyable. The house wine is excellent. I'll be back again.