“Really good BBQ”
Review of The Boneyard - CLOSED

The Boneyard
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Loved the restaurant; great staff, great food, lovely decor. I’ve had Texan BBQ in Texas and this came pretty close to the real thing! My only drawbacks on the place were the heating (it wasn’t too cold but there was a gas heater on as you entered, makes it feel like they weren’t going to put the heating on!!) and the front door needed some more signage. But as regards the food, it’s really tasty and good value! Will be back.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Food is great, the restaurant is well planned out, looks good, food price good, what hurts is lack of selection on alcohol. Only issue I had was the salad dressing wasn't the nicest but rest food is great

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner here over Christmas, lovely meal and great value we had 2 mains and 2 drinks each only €55. It’s a great restaurant for meat lovers brisket was amazing and the corn was lovely. Great addition to Carlow will definitely be revisiting.

Reviewed December 16, 2017

Went with a large group from work (40+) the restaurant itself was cold and the food wasn't much better. December night and no heating turned on, it was not very comfortable. I would have thought the sight of so many people with coats on would have prompted them to turn on heating but no. We asked and some blow heaters were started, I think it was getting a little wormer when we were leaving. The restaurant did not seem capable of serving our large group (don't know why the took the booking) at least 30 minutes between first person getting main course and last person (time stated is generous). But at least they were consistent some of the group ordered Irish coffees and these were also cold!! when returned the new Irish coffees were worm at best and contained very little whiskey. Food was average.

1  Thank tomrowlands
Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner absolutely love this place. Plenty of choice , vegetarian options too! The staff could not be nicer and the food is definitely delicious.

Portion sizes are great. A particular favourite of mine is the southern fried chicken burger, it literally falls apart its that tender!!

They do a great midweek special of any burger and a pint/glass of wine for €12 too!

The lighting adds to the ambience of the restaurant and we would never feel that it made us uncomfortable as some of the previous reviews seem to have suggested.

Our favourite in Carlow.