“Friendly and proffesional staff!”

Premier Inn Bristol Sidcot (A38) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winscombe
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights and I have to say that this hotel really is lovely, it has the older style premier rooms, which could do with updating, but other than that my stay was wonderful.
Throughout my stay I only saw the same member of staff on reception, Luke I think his name was, he was friendly, jolly and polite, even after doing such long hours, he is a credit to your hotel.
In the restaurant the food was very nice, I suggest the steak! Kath in the restaurant was jolly also and very chatty, which made us feel welcome. Although one member of staff was quite rude (tall, black hair, young lad), other than that eveyrone was lovely and polite.
On the morning of departure I crossed 2 members of housekeeping, a young very bristolian girl, lovely young lady, asked how my stay was and if I needed anything, and also a northern lad, friendly bloke, who asked if he could help with my bags.
Overall, I am extremely pleased and would stay again, the staff here make the hotel premier!
Pete

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was convenient for Bristol airport.Our flight was delayed & we didn't arrive till gone 1am,but a very pleasant young lady greeted us.The room was rather tired,it could have done with a lick of paint & a new carpet,but the beds were comfortable & the bathroom was clean.It was quiet,considering it was situated just back from a main road.It was easy to find from the airport & is perfectly fine for a one or two nights stay when using Bristol airport.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed 2nd September for overnight stay for an early morning flight from Bristol Airport.
Check in was easy.The young gentleman on reception was very very welcoming,and very informative.He told us about the have a good night policy,restaurant reservations and even booked us an early morning taxi
He helped us with cases to the room,and even refused a tip,stating it was a pleasure to help.
We had a ground floor room,which involved going through the main bar,the restaurant,down 5 steps,across the carpark,up a ramp,through fire escape door,two fire doors to reach room.I recall this as this is the only complaint I have about the hotel,room access.The upstairs rooms were reached by a very steep set of stairs. All though I`m sure staff will as much as they can.
We ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious,hot,reasonably priced,with quick service.We sat on decking outside restaurant with a glass of wine.It looked down the valley and was very pleasant.
Room was adequate,lighting a little dark,but everything very clean.Beds very comfortable.We had an early morning call,and staff came and knocked door.Why did they knock door,no telephones in room.We were told telephones had been removed as everyone had a mobile phone.What if I`d had an emergency during the night.I could have dialled 999,but ambulance would have gone to reception who would have known nothing of my call.In a hotel as this with outlying rooms phones connected to reception are vital.
In the morning to get back to reception for the taxi,we would either have to go through hotel involving several up and down staircases,or across carpark,around front of hotel and up a steep incline,as bar and restaurant shut.The night receptionist came to rescue and sent taxi on route we would have had to pull cases to pick us up in carpark.
Would I stay here again,yes.Management should be proud of service staff give,and now I`m in the know of the hotel querks they would not be a problem.
Taxi to airport was brand new,luxurious and came a little early.The only downside £21.50p to airport.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room,if you would have difficulty carrying cases upstairs.There are no lifts.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

If you are seeking peace and quiet, the friendliness of all staff members, the most charming of eye pleasing locations, you won't go wrong in choosing this superb Brewers Fayre/Premier Inn. My wife and I found the Sidcot to be an ideal hotel for visiting the attractions nearby at Weston Super Mare, Bath and Cheddar Gorge.
ENJOY!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have now stayed here three times and have never been disappointed. The property lies well back from the road and is very peaceful . The staff are friendly and helpful and rooms are spotless. Food in the restaurant is the usual Premier Inn fayre but here you are close to several good pubs and restaurants so you are not dependent on the place. We use Premier Inns fairly frequently and this is our favourite

Room Tip: The fan from the restaurant at the front can be noisy. Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacqueline W
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Clean, modern rooms with a perfect location from the airport. Staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and made sure we had everything we need.breakfast was lovely and all you can eat cooked breakfast

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed 1 night for a family function near by.
Had room 12 at the back of the hotel which was very quiet.
Standard Premier Inn comfortable beds & usual standard of food but what was outstanding was the super attitude of all the staff we came across both at the reception desk & in the restaurant.
Without exception they were courteous, helpful & had great senses of humour!
Made a routine comfortable overnight stay fun!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 07ckgt13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winscombe
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
#1 of 1 in Cheddar
Penscot Inn
Penscot Inn
#1 of 1 in Shipham

Been to Premier Inn Bristol Sidcot (A38) Hotel? Share your experiences!