If you are walking the West Mendip Way in 3 days, there are limited options at the 10 mile mark between Cheddar and Weston Super Mare.
Fortunately, the Premier Inn is only 500 yards off the track, so it was in a perfect position.
As promised by Lenny Henry, the bed was very comfortable and the room was free of road noise, despiet being alongside the busy A38 - the rooms are at the back of the property, so some distance from the road.
The only noise issue we had was from the kitchens. Our room was close by and the staff were clattering dishes until 10.30pm, which kept us awake. Yes, that's quire early, but if you have an early flight, or have walked 10 miles, you need an early night
Before we booked, we looked at Trip Advisor and were slightly put off about the comment about the restaurant. However, we were pleased with what we had - good pub food, which you must order from the bar. The staff did their best to give us good service.
If you came here for a special celebratory meal, you would be in the wrong place. This is were you bring the old folks and kids for a family meal.
The all you can eat breakfast was good quality with a good choice of meals. It was however a first to be asked how many pieces of bacon we wanted!! I can understand number of eggs or even saugages, but bacon. At least we didn't need to spoecify how many bits of mushroom we wanted!
A good place to stay if you have an early flight from Bristol Airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A flying visit or a long, leisurely break? The Premier Inn Hotel Bristol Sidcot is ideal for jetting off or exploring the area. Set just nine miles from Bristol Airport, our grand Victorian-fronted hotel is a great way to start (or finish) your holiday. There's lots to do closer to home too: explore the amazing caves and cliffs at Cheddar Gorge, marvel at the towering Wells Cathedral, or promenade along the Grand Pier at Weston-Super-Mare. And, whether it's an early start or a late arrival, you'll find our tasty restaurant, spacious rooms and comfy beds hit the spot. Important info: Please note that this Premier Inn does not have a lift. Guests requiring an easily accessible room please contact the hotel direct. Transport and local information: Weston-super-Mare Beach Cheddar Gorge Tourist Attraction Wookey Hole Weston Super Mare Train Station 9 miles Bristol Airport 9 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Bristol Sidcot (A38) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Bristol Airport (Sidcot) Hotel Winscombe
- Premier Inn Bristol Sidcot (A38) Hotel Winscombe, Somerset