“Awful”

Brewers Fayre Sidcot Arms
Ranked #8 of 9 Restaurants in Winscombe
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

we arrived at the sidcot arms at after looking for the nearest brewers fayre to our holiday accommodation in wells. We eat at our local brewers fayre regular hence the searching to find one near to us while away. When we got there we choose a table and I proceeded to the bar to ask for some boiled water to warm my babies bottle - I was told that boiled water was not allowed in the resteraunt and was only given a chipped cup filled with about one centre meter of water- which to warm a 9oz bottle was a poor effort. Secondly our starters came out and the garlic mushrooms were so small and cold it was shocking. Our main meals came which were mixed grill and rump steak and pepper sauce. The mixed grill came with a steak knife but the steak dish did not! Both steaks were specifically asked to be cooked extremely well done. I poured the peppercorn sauce on my plate and noticed a sea of red rise to the top of my plate - when my husband cut into my meat with his knife the blood poured out and I am shocked the meat was not mooooing on my plate. The onion rings were so over cooked they looked like pork scratchings. The funny thing was at this point the kitchen staff were all larking around in the kitchen on view of all the customers - well what a shame - if only they had spent more time doing their jobs and not larking about maybe I would have enjoyed my meal- will never ever return here.

1 Thank Cookieems

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

good food and at a good price, they do an early bird menu so you can have 2 meals for a set price, nice people behind the bar, large carpark with disabled parking outside the door. It was very busy a nice busling place.

Westonzoyland, United Kingdom
“Excellant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is, by far, the best Brewers Fayre inthe who of the UK.

Service is excellant (esp after the retraining), the meals are a delight to eat and very good value for money.

If only every Brewers fayre was as good? So why can't they?

The view from the conservatory and balcony are exceptional....no wonder you are always full in the Summer :)

• Visited September 2012
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Family pub on way to Bristol airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

As we were travelling north on the A38 to Bristol airport we planned on visiting this pub for lunch, as we would not get anything decent from the low cost airline we were flighing with.
Nice location in countryside, we chose the 2 for £10 option, and it was a nice meal, even some puddings are on great value offers, so had them too.
Nice place, clean, friendly staff, easy parking, great value options.
Would visit again.

• Visited August 2012
Bath
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

restaurant was on the same site as a premier inn hotel. Good views whilst enjoying your meal. Good selection of food. Very busy pub unfortunately had to wait about half an hour to forty mins for food, but well worth the wait. Good value for money.

Visited August 2012