Friends had recommended this hotel because it is so close to Colombo airport (15 to 20 mins drive) so I stayed there on my first and last nights in Sri Lanka. Brilliant choice - the airport transfers were efficient, both rooms I had were extremely comfortable and stylish (with huge monsoon showers), and the staff were exceptional. They arranged a driver to take me to Galle, and also to collect me from Bentota a few days later, and all worked like clockwork. All seemed very well thought-through, e.g. little touches like a Mac with printer in the library helped guests sort out online check-in and boarding pass printouts. The restaurant was excellent. Highly recommended for one or two nights on arrival or before leaving Sri Lanka.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wallawwa was once the country estate of the head chieftan of Galle. It is now home to The Wallawwa, Sri Lanka's first and only boutique airport hotel. Perfectly situated and designed to welcome weary travelers in style and seclusion. Just 15 minutes from Colombo airport and within touching distance of Colombo, there is now no reason to take on long car journeys after arriving at the airport. Join us, sit back and relax at the Z spa or at the Verandah restaurant and start or finish your holiday in heavenly luxury. A 17 room private boutique hotel, restaurant, spa and gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Wallawwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wallawwa Hotel Kotugoda
- Wallawwa Hotel Colombo
- Wallawwa Boutique Hotel Colombo
- The Wallawwa Sri Lanka/Kotugoda