“Bad hotel.”

Hotel Schoenegg
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Beatenberg
“Bad hotel.”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I dont recommend this hotel bcoz/
I stayed at this hotel 4 nights
First of all, the people in reciption are not friendly at all. They seem they dont care about there customer or their reputation.
Second, dont belive the pic they put in the web site .The room actually different and dirty and the AWFUL thing its full of INSECTs and FLYes , imagin you sleep while you surrounded by insects . And when I asked them to do something to kill the insects they dont have solution.
I told them the I want to cancel the reservation they refused . Then I told thim at least I want to cancel the last night also the refused which made me really angry.
Third,the INTERNET doesnt cover all
rooms I have to go outside to connect the Net.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank ThokaA

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Firstly lets get the good points out the way. This hotel has AMAZING views and was the cheapest hotel in the area at the time. Everything in the hotel is basic/rustic. Its a good distance from interlaken and where it is there are no restaurants or other hotels from what we saw. The staff are friendly when they are there Which is very little. The room was cleaned/tidied up everyday. Look if your going to use this place as a base for a couple of days it fine but do not expect too much and if your a nervous person don't go. We found generally we were the only ones in the hotel and this was during peak season. If i was going to interlaken again i would book in the centre its worth the extra money.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Beatenberg hotels

New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We stayed here in June for one night and that was all I needed. We are Canadian Citizens, traveling through Europe for a week and wanted to see the Alps. This place has AWESOME VIEWS and is on a very peaceful, yet tight and winding mountain road. You park your car on the edge of the cliff, practically on the road as they have no parking lot! We asked what time the restuarant closes and were told they do not have one. You have to walk 5-10 minutes up the road to the nearest (most expensive place I have ever eaten) restaurant and take your chances. We were asked to lock the door behind us when we returned. Was not sure about that until we got back from our meal. THE OWNERS LEAVE THE HOTEL AND EXPECT YOU TO LOCK THE DOORS. When we got to our room, it was so hot and stuffy, we opened the window, which was actually a patio door. It opened to a very narrow balcony, that was shared by 2 other rooms. So leaving it open during the night was not an option. There was of course no air conditioning in the room. THERE ALSO WAS NO PHONE IN THE ROOM. We went downstairs to see about getting one, but the place was deserted. There were no directions or signs showing you how to contact ANYONE after hours. So we are, tourists in a strange country and did not have a cell phone that worked in this country, in the middle of Switzerland with no forms of communication. (Oh, we also did not get a code to use the internet - we got that the next morning when we checked out!!). I think anyone booking a hotel, should really do good research, before booking a hotel that is named, BUDGET HOTEL. You really don't get much for your money, in this case, not even a phone! I hope the tourism department of that country looks into this place, because it could be very dangerous in the worse conditions! I would like to go back and visit Switzerland some day, but never at a BUDGET HOTEL again.!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beatenberg
Dorint Bluemlisalp Beatenberg/Interlaken
#6 of 8 in Unterseen
Hotel Restaurant Beatus
Hotel Restaurant Beatus
#1 of 1 in Sundlauenen

Been to Hotel Schoenegg? Share your experiences!