On a business trip, we picked this hotel for its proximity to the airport, and it appeared the rooms were very roomy and business friendly.
We had 3 rooms on one reservation, and that seemed to cause a big slowdown in the checking process. The lady was friendly but the system was very slow.
2 of the rooms were adjacent, and we opened the room doors at the same time. BOTH rooms had an unpleasant odor, a little like a 'wet dog' smell. We left the bags in the rooms and went back to the front desk. The same lady offered us keys to two other rooms on the same floor. We checked those rooms and found them no better than the first two rooms. As we went back to return the keys, a lady came out of a room across the hall with a dog on a leash, and the pieces of the puzzle fell into place. We returned the keys to the front desk and there was a different lady there, and she told us that dogs are allowed in the hotel, but they had not had dogs there in a long time.... very curious that she should make that claim, since we had seen the dog 1 minute prior!
Anyway, we decided to stay, rather than trying to change hotels late in the evening.
The rooms were very large, and otherwise clean. there was a large desk/table which was conducive to working. The Toilet and bathroom were in separate rooms, which was nice, but into both rooms was a step up from the main room, and it felt like the floors were plastic and not very strong.
The bathroom was fine, with a nice shower and plenty of space around the sink.
the bed was comfortable, but had a single sheet on the matress and a comforter without a second sheet. That is fine if the comforter is changed daily, but who knows??
The checkout process was smooth and the front desk staff ordered a taxi for a ride to the airport for a early morning flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superior hotel located 5 minutes from the airport, opposite the Balexert shopping center. 86 Inviting air-conditioned and modular suites measuring 323 sq. Ft. (30 M²), including 14 Executive Suites. A friendly atmosphere and services available 24-hours: Boutique Gourmande, fitness center and private undercover car park. Accessible to people with reduced mobility. Free public transport for hotel guests. Free WIFI throughout the hotel and in the rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, ACCOR, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Novotel Suites Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Novotel Geneve Hotel Cointrin
- Suitehotel Hotel Geneve
- Suitehotel Hotel Cointrin
- Novotel Suites Geneve Canton Of Geneva, Switzerland