Although the initial cost of the room may appear fair, be cautious of the extra charges!
Oh, you want a "quiet" room that is not facing the busy noisy street outside... That's 25 Swiss francs extra per day for a "garden facing" room. (But oh yes there's some remodeling going on in the hotel that starts at 730 am... So much for the quiet premium).
Oh you want "fast" Internet access... That's 10 extra per day. (By the way the "fast" Internet was still so slow it was literally unusable. I didn't try their free internet service .. I can only imagine how slow that must have been.)
Oh, you want a "good" meal, that will cost you at least 50 in our dining room for dinner.. Excluding alcohol.
Oh you want an iron in your room to press your clothes for your business meeting... No, no irons in your room, we have a service for you to do that. Oh but that is of course... Extra.
All that said, the remodeling is very nice and the rooms are quite impressive, although on the small side.
I checked out after the first night and went to the moevenpick nearby. Much nicer. The room was 30 per night more but it ended up cheaper overall with nicer accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Geneva makes every effort to make you feel at home away from home and welcomes you in a modern and elegant superior 4-star hotel. Our 366 rooms offer a contemporary design and a relaxing atmosphere. Located near the airport and the Palexpo conference and exhibition centre, the hotel is ideal to explore Geneva in no time; you will be able to get to the city centre in only fifteen minutes. Enjoy the tourist attractions, the walks around the lake, the vibrant streets and luxury shops of the city centre! Feel like shopping? Geneva’s biggest commercial centre is located a few minutes away from the hotel. The hotel offers a free hotel shuttle bus from the airport and a well as a Public Transport card to the city centre. Restaurant Seventy5 welcomes you all year round in a modern brasserie style. The chef invites you to enjoy creative and innovative cuisine: grill, raw bar, vegetarian and seasonal products. To relax, a beautiful terrace awaits you on the garden side during the summer. The Seventy5 is perfect for your business meetings and guarantees fast and friendly service in just 30 minutes with our “Business Lunch.” With a banquet and conference centre of 18 modular rooms and a total capacity of 1200 people, the Crowne Plaza offers one of the largest event areas in Geneva and is the right place to meet. Whether you are coming to Geneva on business or to discover the treasures of Calvin’s city, the Crowne Plaza Geneva offers a quality image of Switzerland and welcomes you in a world of elegance, generosity and authenticity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza Geneva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Geneva Hotel Cointrin
- Ramada Geneva
- Ramada Cointrin
- Cointrin Ramada
- Ramada Hotel Geneva
- Crowne Plaza Geneva Canton Of Geneva, Switzerland