Tripadvisor
Cointrin
1,086 results
All reviews geneva airport shuttle bus close to the airport an early flight small bar stayed one night five minutes comfortable bed free shuttle service free of charge short stay reception staff basic hotel city centre croissants public transportation terminal
Selected filters
Reviewed December 17, 2019

One problem is the total confusion when booking because there are two Ibis hotels who claim to be airport hotels and only this one has a shuttle, I really don't understand why they don't make this clear when you book. Every day you see people who try to get on the wrong shuttle, why don't they print up instructions on how to get to the other Ibis. I ended up booking the wrong one and went to this hotel and they rebooked me into this one and cancelled the other. Hotel is clean, breakfast is decent although there are one million plastic containers everywhere, clearly environmental thinking is not something that is being considered at all, even egg cups are plastic. Location is okay for being at the airport as you can walk to some good restaurants. As for staff some are really nice, some very grumpy same with the drivers of the shuttle. It was somewhat of a depressing stay, rooms are very basic. And I felt I overpaid. Food service in the evening is very very basic.

Room tip: try not to face the airport
Date of stay: November 2019
LovisaB95, Directeur général at Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2019

Dear AnnCederhall,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Geneve Aeroport.
At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed October 27, 2019

An easy 10 min walk from the airport. Nice and quiet, with a comfortable, modern clean room. Also easy to get to the airport on the number 5 bus. With a supermarket 5 mins walk and trains to geneva and onwards this was a good option for me.

I am very happy for hotels to preauthorise the amount I am due. I know they aren't taking the amount and just pre authorising it. However 3 days beforehand I noticed on my credit card the amount of the preauthorisation was a lot higher than what i was due to be paying for my nights stay. Appreciate it may not bother most people but I wasnt really happy with that - just a bit cheeky really. I didnt see it mentioned on booking.com that it was the hotels policy to preauthorise for an amount much higher than the actual cost. I was told it was to cover any extras I might have. Why not just preauthorise the amount due/that's expected rather than putting on an extra amount?
The second time I stayed I changed my card number in my booking to a debit card and only had enough money on it for the actual room cost. The preauthorisation declined and I had a notification about it. I asked the hotel to only preauthorise the amount I was due and if they did that, rather than inflate my due amount, it would pre- authorise.
I have had many hotels preauthorise my card but never for more than the amount I am due and never at any other ibis have I had this experience.

Trip type: Traveled solo
LovisaB95, Directeur général at Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2019

Reviewed October 26, 2019

This hotel is good value for an airport location. Rooms are modern, reasonably equipped (and lots of power outlets), and free wi-fi. The "bar" serves packaged and freshly made sandwiches and entrees (mostly pizza). You can get beer, wine, and whiskey. That's good because the location is somewhat remote, a 15 minute walk from the airport terminal. Motor transport is via a public bus that stops nearby, and like many hotels in Geneva, it gives you a multi-day public transport pass that can be used on that or other buses or trains. But if you have an early flight to get to, expect to walk; the bus starts service at 6:00 am., as does the free breakfast at the hotel.

Reviewed October 7, 2019

My second time staying in this hotel; I really enjoyed my first time , that is why I have chosen to book again.
I had a room facing the airport; despite that , I could not hear any noise during the night and I had an absolutely good night sleep.
The staff are all lovely and professional , breakfast was good for my needs.
I used the free shuttle bus from and to the airport, which is really reliable and runs so often between.
I had also got the free bus card to use in all public transport in Geneve for all my stay.
What else to say!!! I definitely will stay again on my next trip.

Date of stay: October 2019
LovisaB95, Directeur général at Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2019

Reviewed September 30, 2019

After 24 hours of travel this is a great place to find yourself. No complaints. The airport shuttle worked perfectly and the room was silent for a great night's sleep. Showers were hot with plenty of water pressure. The rooms at this IBIS are just a wonder of efficiency especially the bathroom. Fascinating.

Date of stay: August 2019
LovisaB95, Directeur général at Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2019