“Good food with friendly service”
Review of The Royal Oak Inn - CLOSED

The Royal Oak Inn
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Quality lunches and evening meals, Sunday carvery,early bird specials,restaurant meals at pub prices
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food with friendly service”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Thursday evening treat for ourselves and friends is too find somewhere new to eat,our friends had driven past the oak earlier in the week so we decided to give it a try.. What a find,if you like pie this place is the best there is,and the fish is very good as well. The waitress was attentive but not intrusive.A very worthwhile visit,great food,nice atmosphere and good service.. We totally recommend.

1 Thank TerryEcksley

Chesterfield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Visited this gem of a pub/restaurant easter Sunday evening My husband and I just pulled in hoping to get some food,they were busy but the lovely lady behind the bar re layed a table and we were seated with a smile and a drink..the menu is extensive but the Chef knows his stuff.I had fish which was first class and my husband had an omelette also cooked perfectly,everything was served with a smile and the evening was very enjoyable.. We will back and bring friends.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Shockingly terrible!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Me and my partner came away for a romantic break away and after reading the reviews on trip advisor and having been recommended by our B&B we decided to dine here. Well what a massive mistake that was!!Staff were so unfriendly and the service was diabolical. We got told they had 'naaaa chicken' and only half the starters,my food came out with bits of the menu missing(with no acknowledgement or apology) I had to ask numerous times for cutlery AND when complained about the state of my stake the waitress asked me if I wanted a doggy bag so I could take it home to the DOG! Says it all really!Menu was also quite expensive for the poor quality we recieved. Very disappointed and concerned about the level of professionalism and client care people are willing to offer nowadays!

2 Thank Emmalouise1710
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“Sunday treat”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We arrived in Matlock Sunday afternoon, our hotel wasn't doing evening food so we had to eat out. A staff member recommended the Royal Oak so I rang and tried to book. The lady squeezed us in at 7.30 and we had a lovely meal, both of us had pate then steaks. The place was busy but the single handed lady ran the bar and the service exceptionally well. We we well looked after all night and had a lovely meal. A couple of local chaps came in for their usual pint and we spent the rest of the night chatting and learning all about where to go in Bakewell and Buxton.

• Visited April 2014
“Excellent food, excellent choice!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Went last night with my family for the first time. Was pleasantly suprised at the choice on the menu. I had the goats cheese salad for starters which was very nice and all the food was beautifully presented. For main I had chicken in a mushroom and creamy sauce, again nicely presented and we all said how big the portions were. Definately going back soon.