We had a lovely family holiday staying in an 8 person lodge, with hot tub. The facilities and the grounds are superb and the accommodation was almost perfect.
Two important things:
1, I understand the logic behind it, but really... Waterproof sheets?? This isn't a stag infested travelodge. It was like sleeping on cardboard. Needless to say we removed these on day two and managed to go the whole week without soiling the bed... Seriously though, mattress management can be handled much better than resorting to these horrors.
2. The 8 man lodges need bigger fridges. In all other respects 8 people were accommodated well, but the fridge issue was a nightmare. I suggest you get shot of the little freezer and put in another fridge instead (it's not like the fridges don't have freezer compartments). This was a real problem for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Peak District, Darwin Forest is a 5-star holiday park in a delightful woodland setting. Accommodation is in modern self-catering lodges with everything provided for a great family holiday. Lodges sleep form 2 to 8 people. Facilities include indoor swimming pool, indoor play area, bar/restaurant, tennis, beauty therapy, soft play and woodland walks. Darwin holds the David Bellamy Award for Conservation at Gold standard and a Visit England Award for Excellence. Handy for Chatsworth, Bakewell, Haddon Hall and all the sights of the Peak District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Darwin Forest Country Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Darwin Forest Country Park Hotel Two Dales